Talk

Advanced search

Getting extra support

(3 Posts)
PenguinJunk Mon 15-Nov-10 11:38:32

I jsut posted on the lone parents forum: http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/lone_parents/1083946-G etting-extra-support but also thought that this one may be appropriate.

I'm wondering if anyone knows of any organisation (company, charity) that can provide support for families that is like the sort of support that I imagine grandparents can provide - both practical and emotional.

I could get in a cleaner, a baby-sitter, an advisor, etc.. but really I only have a small need for each of these things but raelly a big need for someone that I could call on from time to time to give extra support.

I am willing to pay towards this but can't find any organisation that seems to offer this service in Southampton. (When my son was younger and ticked a lot of extra needs boxes, I did track down Home Start but found they don't operate in my area).

Any thoughts?

Silkstalkings Thu 25-Nov-10 13:13:48

Are Gingerbread any good?
Could stick up a postcard at local 6th form colleges that do childcare courses. The girls on those courses would be comfortable doing all those things and might have up-to-date knowledge about local services.

Silkstalkings Thu 25-Nov-10 13:59:24

Also try Southampton Gumtree in the childcare jobs section if you wanted someone older.
Good luck.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: