Talk

Advanced search

Need local insight on Hither green primary schools (Lee Manor and Brindishe Green)

(6 Posts)
rosemaryK Sun 14-Nov-10 20:49:48

Hi,

I would very much appreciate some insight on lee manor and brindishe green (previousely hither green) primary schools. Have been around both and completely confused as to which one to put down as first choice, help please!

BeeandSon Tue 14-Dec-10 10:14:20

bump for you as I am very interested too

ChineseDoll Tue 21-Dec-10 17:28:27

Does anyone know what is the catchmemt area for Brindishe Lee Primary School? Thanks.

theboobmeister Wed 29-Dec-10 15:40:00

Hi,

I'd go for Brindishe Green, all the way. Since joining up with Brindishe Lee (where my DD goes) it's become one of the most improved schools in the country, and the headteacher Sarah Gorbutt is absolutely superb. They are going places!

Only thing to consider is size. Brindishe Green is 3 form entry, Lee Manor is 2 form so slightly smaller.

theboobmeister Wed 29-Dec-10 15:50:02

The catchment area for Brindishe Lee is a circle that expands or contracts from year to year, depending on the number of siblings in reception. Last year was an exception because they created an extra reception class as a one-off.

But usually it seems to include:

- All the houses/flats in the red-brick estate opposite the school

- Effingham Road (except the houses closest to Manor Lane, which are closer to Lee Manor)

- Wantage Road (before the junction with Micheldever)

- Taunton Road and Handen Road - the houses towards the middle of both roads stand a better chance of getting in

- Hedgley Street and Brightfield Road - it's certainly possible to get in from there, but not guaranteed.

rosemaryK Sun 09-Jan-11 22:20:56

Thanks theboobmeister. Yes, we got the same impression that brindishe green is very very focused on exactly what they want to achieve and no doubt they will get there very soon, they do have wonderful plans. We are also taking into consideration size as well, it is very big... still a few more days before we have to make up our mind!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: