Talk

Advanced search

What's good to see/do in Edinburgh for an 18yr old with (slight) mobility problems?

(9 Posts)
mumonthenet Thu 04-Nov-10 08:46:10

I'm taking my 18 yr old niece for her first visit to Edinburgh. She can't walk very far, that's all really, so I don't want to plan hours and hours of wandering round the city. Other than that she'd love to do anything a lively teenager would like.

I had thought of the Tour bus....any other ideas?

mumonthenet Thu 04-Nov-10 18:00:38

bump.

fanjoforthemammaries7850 Thu 04-Nov-10 18:03:08

ocean Terminal is quite a nice shopping centre on the water, not too big, also has a cinema there.

fanjoforthemammaries7850 Thu 04-Nov-10 18:05:13

Not that that is really seeing Edinburgh...the old town is quite compact and has lots of good cafes and bars to rest in too.

geordieminx Thu 04-Nov-10 18:16:54

stockbridge is lovely. Lots of independent shops, some of the best charity shops in uk, and some lovely coffee shops. Its a 5 min taxi ride from princes street. The dungeons are good too and really interesting.
Ocean terminal is nice too.
Bus tour yes.
Stockbridge. Definately.

mumonthenet Thu 04-Nov-10 18:19:52

thanks,

some good ideas here,

any more inspiration?

Will check back later.

geordieminx Thu 04-Nov-10 20:28:49

Harvey nicks?

Thereis also a lovely spa at ocean terminal

mumonthenet Fri 05-Nov-10 11:08:18

Thanks all,

some good ideas. grin

Goalie Fri 12-Nov-10 18:36:06

There's no reason why she can't do the castle, the museums and any thing else touristy. These type of places have plenty of seats dotted around to sit / eat / drink.

The zoo also have a 'bus' that takes mobility impaired (and others) around the attractions.

Hope you have fun !

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: