Talk

Advanced search

would like to meet new mums

(10 Posts)
ashburns Tue 02-Nov-10 11:52:09

Hi my name is Ashleigh and i am a new mum with a ten week old baby boy and as much of a joy as he is and as great as my friends are unfortunately none of these friends have children ive been to bounce and rhyme and some mother and baby groups but i keep feeling like the unwelcome new kid at school so if there are any other new mummies out there who are looking to make new friends please get in touch n ill try and organise a place convenient and baby friendly to meet for coffee in glasgow i live in the west end but will happily travel into town or wherever really for the love of a good chat and coffee

RedHairedGirlie Thu 04-Nov-10 21:22:30

Hi Ashburns,

Not a new mum (dd 19 months now) but had the same dilema when on mat leave - have you tried /thought about the Buggyfit classes at various parks in Glasgow? - lovely teacher and I made some lovely friends by going along to queens park - always had coffee after the class at the glass house. There is also a lovely mum and toddler group that I went to for a while at the Salvation Army Hall in Dennistoun.. really made you feel welcome and all lovely :-)

bernadettekaty Fri 05-Nov-10 11:10:45

Hi Ashleigh

I'm Bernadette and I have a ten week old wee girl. I've just moved tp Clydebank and don't really know anyone either so would love to meet up. Especially as we seem to be in a similar situation. Not really sure how this works but if you fancy meeting up sometime let me know x

ashburns Mon 22-Nov-10 09:06:16

Awww hey Redhairedgirlie and Bernadettekaty sorry i forgot id put this thread up so thank you redhairedgirlie ill def give the buggyfit classes a go n Bernadette id love to meet up with a new mum like yourself so clydebank im not sure where that is exactly but would somewhere central suit you for coffee?

Malai Mon 22-Nov-10 21:23:17

Hi Ashleigh and Bernadette,

i am also a first time mother to a 10 week old baby boy, in a similar situation to yourselves. I would love to meet at some point if you are interested.

I live not far from the braehead shopping center, but i drive so i am flexible.

Thanks Leigh

ashburns Thu 25-Nov-10 16:58:19

Awww great another person for our wee group:D so braehead clydebank and west end hmmm braehead prob be too difficult for me to get to as i dont drive so do you think we could all just meet somewhere in town? ps also if you fancy it ive just heard about watch with baby cinema showings at the grovenor think its £5 but that includes a coffee after the show think this week coming they are showing easy a if either of you fancy it

Malai Mon 29-Nov-10 22:54:51

Hi,

sorry for the slow reply. The baby cinema sounds good to me, i usually go to the one at the x-scape on a tuesday, but i dont mind a visit to the westend.

I dont mind meeting in town either.

ashburns Thu 02-Dec-10 13:02:02

this snows putting off our plans but hopefully itll clear by next week? hows everyone getting on babywise anyway im having a nice baby by day n a not so nice one at night when we need sleep

anonnyme Sun 05-Dec-10 03:53:31

Hiya smile

Hope you don't mind me butting in but I live in Yoker & the ferry goes from the end of the rd here (yoker ferry rd grin) straight across to the other side of the river & a 5 min walk to braehead. Ferry is only a pound & the 62 bus will drop you v close to y.ferry rd.

Malai Sun 05-Dec-10 13:42:45

Hi,

welcome anonnyme

Ashburns, i have to say and have been told by many people that we have a really good sleeping baby (sorry). From about 7 weeks he has slept through the night from midnight till 6:30am. But we have recently been trying to get him to go down earlier as he was getting so cranky as he doesnt really sleep during the day. For the past two nights now hw has slept from roughly 8pm till 8am, just waking for some feeds but still being asleep when getting fed, so i am very lucky. The down side (if there is one) is that he doesnt sleep at all really through the day, but atleast i am getting a good rest at night.

Looking forward to next week, we have a 1st birthday party to go to on tuesday and then his first xmas party to go to on the friday

Hope you are all well and not going too mad being stuck in due to the snow

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: