Talk

Advanced search

New to Harpenden

(7 Posts)
TMD75 Mon 25-Oct-10 13:59:42

Hi,

Just moved to Harpenden and have a 3 year old girl and 15 month old boy. Am keen to meet new people as still finding my feet here. Can anyone recommend any good playgroups to meet other Mums? Or are there any meet-ups locally?
Thanks

Boostini Wed 27-Oct-10 22:20:15

Hiya ! I live in st albans, so can't help out too much on Harpenden, but I do know that Big Space in Harpenden have Toddler session every day and that may a good place to start and meet up with other local mums ! Good Luck !

Loujalou Tue 02-Nov-10 08:42:18

Hi,

The Little Person Guide to Harpenden which is for sale in the town hall and other places in the town will give you a really good starting point. It was developed by the NCT and has different groups etc etc in the area.

petitfilous Sat 06-Nov-10 19:51:23

Hi,

I've also just moved to Harpenden and have a 3.5 year old girl and 13 month old boy, so v. similar to you. Would love to hear if you find out about any great playgroups etc. as feeling a complete nelly no mates here at the moment (to be expected in a new place, but tough all the same!). Which side of town are you if you're still reading this post..?

TMD75 Mon 22-Nov-10 13:18:48

Hi Petitfilous,

Sorry haven't checked this in a while. I know what you mean, its tough moving and starting again trying to meet people! Actually the Little Person Guide is fantastic, great place to start, has everything listed, £5 well spent.I got mine in the library. I've been once to the Kangaroo club Fri morning, was hectic, have yet to try others. Can recommend Money Music, mine love it.

edam Mon 22-Nov-10 13:24:31

Hi Petit - my ds is older but we used to go to the Kangaroo club at the United Reformed Church near the library on Fridays. And the Methodist church on the high street runs a toddler group with crafts and toys - used to be Wednesday afternoons. There's a tick tock music group that loads of people seem to go to. And IIRC a playgroup at St Nick's CofE church hall too, mid-week some time.

Don't think there have been any Harpenden meet ups although there are handful of posters here. Went on a St Albans one once. (It was fine but the kids were at very different stages so didn't really work for me.)

SkiBumMum Wed 24-Nov-10 14:19:27

Hi

I'm reasonably new too (July).

Big Space toddler mornings are great, but you have to be quite confident & start chatting to randoms. I usually go on Mondays so if you want to meet, PM me.

Southdown Methodist has a pgrp on Weds (I work Weds so not tried it myself).

There is a toddler network. Again if you PM me, I will give you the email address for the organiser. They send out weekly emails with lists of stuff to do. Everyone seems v friendly.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: