Talk

Advanced search

St Mary's C of E, N16??

(4 Posts)
OnTheRoad Thu 21-Oct-10 12:24:12

I've just been offered places for my children at St Mary's, N16. Does anyone know anything about it? I've read the Ofsted whihc was "outstanding" but I'm abroad so I cannot go and ask around myself. Any thoughts gratefully received.

cockles Thu 04-Nov-10 00:26:28

I know a couple of families there. They seem happy. It is v well thought of locally. Not as diverse as some other schools ie most kids are afro-caribbean or white, but lots of people have gone to church for years to get there. Can I ask how you got a place, as we are considering going on the waiting list? I guess you don't fit the religious criteria if you're abroad? I would take a place if I got it, I only didn't consider it because we're not christian. Given the general oversubscription of everywhere else in the area I think it's a great option. I don't think it's specially 'churchy' if that's a concern.

OnTheRoad Tue 09-Nov-10 18:10:58

We got places because we are religious, got letter from our priest in France to confirm our attendance at church. It really isn't ethnically diverse at all -- having looked around and spoken to staff, I would say it is probably 95 percent Afro-Caribbean, and then a TINY Eastern European minority. Actually, we may turn down one of the places, as have been offered Betty Layward.

janx Tue 09-Nov-10 18:58:03

Not sure about the school - but they certainly don't promote healthy eating. I went to the fayre their - the only snacks they had were fizzy drinks and god awful sweets - think that says quite a lot really

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now