Talk

Advanced search

nice pub/restaurant on St Fagans side of Cardiff?

(9 Posts)
StayingZen Wed 06-Oct-10 08:30:04

For my birthday treat, we are meeting up with DD (just left for Uni in Cardiff, sob) and would like a nice lunch, preferably in the country/with easy parking prior to moving on to St Fagans. Not Harvester or similar, but somewhere with chips and a recognizable piece of meat for fussy 15-y-o DS. All recommendations gratefully received!

mejon Wed 06-Oct-10 11:59:46

The Plymouth Arms in St Fagans is (or at least was - not been for a few years) nice. Here

StayingZen Sun 10-Oct-10 14:11:28

Thanks - I was put off the Plymouth Arms by the awful reviews on TripAdvisor, so planning to go to Cardiff Bay afterwards instead.

sazzleevans Mon 11-Oct-10 13:40:01

Highly recommend this one. You have to book though. It's about 5, 10 minutes max to st fagans and a pretty drive.

http://www.caesarsarms.co.uk/

SixtyFootDoll Mon 11-Oct-10 13:43:30

A bit further here but very good lunch menu

StayingZen Thu 21-Oct-10 12:18:05

Thanks for all your advice - in the end we went for the Caesar's Arms and had a very good dinner. Strange there are no menus though! - just a chalkboard.

worryingaboutxmasalready Wed 03-Nov-10 20:50:23

I went to the Plymouth Arns last weekend - the food was great so not sure why tripadvisor is so negative!

smoggii Sat 20-Nov-10 07:37:05

I would have said the Plymouth Arms aswell, never had a bad experience there. Just goes to show that most people only write reviews if they've had a negative experience.

ellenmary Wed 24-Nov-10 22:58:09

plymouth arms is great we have always had good food and service and we have been with two babies and a variety of toddlers without any problems. However, caesars arms were awful and didn't want the kids in the building and the food was expensive and i could of done better at home. the servers were also really rude. The dynever arms in groes faen is brilliant too.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: