Talk

Advanced search

Recommendations for GP in Hampstead area

(5 Posts)
LondonNewbee Wed 08-Sep-10 21:39:33

We recently moved to the UK and would need recommendations for a good GP or group of GPs in the Hampstead area. We have an almost 4-year old and a second baby on the way - so would appreciate receiving recommendations for a practice that can cover both maternity and child care needs. Many thanks!

LadyBiscuit Wed 08-Sep-10 21:55:41

I haven't lived there for a few years but I was at the New End practice in South End Green which was really good. Maternity care tends to be covered by the local midwife team rather than your GP (but dont't have your baby at the Royal Free, have it at UCL).

zinnia Wed 22-Sep-10 14:24:54

Depending on which side of Hampstead you're on, the West Hampstead Medical Centre is large and busy but run by a good group of competent GPs and an excellent nursing practice.

I must disagree with LadyBiscuit about the Royal Free though - UCL is undoubtedly excellent, with shiny new facilites, but there's a lot to be said for proximity. I had a very happy experience with my dd in the Heath Birth Centre, and have heard only good things of other births there.

carriemumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 13-Oct-10 14:38:29

Sorry to take so long to get back - Keats medical centre on downshire hill are great - do same day appointments and always v nice.

You should be able to search Gps on MN local if you put in your postcode (and it's working!)

ETVKeep Thu 02-Jun-11 16:35:56

Parkend surgery is excellent.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: