Talk

Advanced search

living with children in Bermuda??

(10 Posts)
pixie54 Sun 24-Jan-10 21:40:42

Hi - does anyone have any experience of this? We are British with DD 7 abd DS 4. We have previously lived in the US but before we had children. I am particularly interested in comments about schools.THanks!

WingedVictory Mon 25-Jan-10 20:39:23

Are you definitely going? I presume your company will offer some sort of package, so it's probably best to ask them about that. That will answer questions about affordability (I think "state" secondary is streamed by an exam, whereas "state" primary schools are local - at least, that is the way it used to be. There are private schools, too.) and location.

Do you know where you are going to live?

WingedVictory Mon 25-Jan-10 20:39:59

P.S. The Royal Gazette (paper of record) is at http://www.royalgazette.com/rg/index.jsp

BradSplit Mon 25-Jan-10 20:40:41

everyone you ever hear of who live sin bermuda seems to have kids at c zeta jones kids school

WingedVictory Mon 25-Jan-10 20:53:30

Which school is that, Bradsplit? Is it BHS?

popsycal Mon 25-Jan-10 20:54:28

you need anorak
though I am not sure whether dshe is here anymore

bdaonion Thu 01-Apr-10 10:30:43

Not sure if you are still interested in information but I am a Bermudian currently living in the UK. I raised three children there.

Majority of expats put their kids into private schools. Warwick Academy is where CZJ's kids used to be schooled; they've relocated to NYC for education now. The state primary schools used to have a good reputation but are going through a period of change thanks to the Governmen so that may change.

There's a great little book written by an expat called Tea For Tracey that I'd adivse you to read when you get there. It gives some great info on adapting to the humid condtions and protecting your clothes, leather goods etc from damage. Also food etx is very expensive which is a shock to the system at first but you'll soon adapt I'm sure.

Otherwise had fun! It's a lovely place for kids to grow up. The beaches are fantastic!!

shellette Wed 11-Jan-17 18:57:33

need to find activities for my children

Chottie Thu 19-Jan-17 19:07:50

Bermuda is a beautiful place to live and to bring up children......

FeckinCrutches Thu 19-Jan-17 19:12:50

This thread is 7 years old....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now