Recommendation for a BF'ing friendly paediatrician in Dubai

(5 Posts)
amaliesmor Mon 18-Jan-10 07:02:13

Hi,

Anyone there come across a Paed who doesn't default to formula when there is an ishoo??

thanks!

OP’s posts: |
phokoje Tue 19-Jan-10 11:51:29

you could try the cooper clinic, they have an on staff breast feeding consultant who works with their pead.

amaliesmor Tue 19-Jan-10 12:31:18

Thanks Phokoje - the breastfeeding councillor is good and I have seen her but it's not me but the baby I want looked at and top up with formula is the only advice i was given by the Paeds there... they didn't even refer me to their own bf councillor, I made an appointment with her separately. shock

OP’s posts: |
phokoje Tue 19-Jan-10 12:58:17

really? that sucks. i used Dr Khan and he was very good about conferring with the BF consultant.

i did eventually go onto formula, but it certainly wasnt through lack of encouragement on both their parts.

this was a while ago tho, so maybe its changed.

there is a very good pead just down the road that i belive is very pro breastfeeding, gosh, i just cant remember the name of the place. will call DH and see if he remembers

phokoje Tue 19-Jan-10 13:06:55

sorry! he doesnt either. there is a website somewhere that lists all the paeds, have you tried using the www.expatwoman.com site? someone on there should be able to help

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in