Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Toys r us in Germany, closest outlet to the Swiss border.

(3 Posts)
kreecherlivesupstairs Mon 12-Oct-09 13:00:26

Germany MN'ers, could you help me. I live in Central Switzerland between Luzern and Zurich and want to go to Germany to buy my dd's presents. Germany is about 1/3 cheaper than Switzerland. I'd also like to do some general house shopping too, meat, alcohol, dishwasher tabs etc. Could you please let me know which is the closest branch of toys are us (or another toy shop) and a reasonable general shopping centre too to the border. Many thanks.

Gipfeli Mon 12-Oct-09 13:08:06

I believe there's a toyrus near to Zurich althought have never been so don't quite know where (yes, very helpful I know!).

Going from Basel, there's one near Freiburg (about an hour away from Basel) or in fact loads of shops selling toys in Weil am Rhein or Lörrach (literally just over the border from Basel) which sell all the branded toys (Playmobil, lego etc) and there's all sorts of other stuff too.

You do know about claiming back the tax too, I presume?

kreecherlivesupstairs Wed 14-Oct-09 08:20:27

Gipfeli (I had one this morning), that is cracking. I do know about claiming tax back but never do because I am a smuggler and wouldn't want the customs people finding my many kilo's of meat wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now