Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone tell me about living in Florence?

(4 Posts)
RubiMama Fri 18-Sep-09 09:49:20

We currently live in Athens, which I pretty much loathe, DH is greek. He has been asked if we would consider moving to Florence for a couple of years. Has anyone experienced living there with young kids? I am a SAHM with DS1 19mo and 8 weeks pregnant. I found it so hard here trying to make a life for myself with young baby, and I'm wondering will it be the same all over again or could Florence offer me things that I can't do here, e.g. nip out of my house on foot to get things, visit nice parks, other international mums nearby, beautiful surroundings instead of concrete mess? Please tell me there is hope! smile

BonsoirAnna Sun 20-Sep-09 15:08:35

Florence is a lot more beautiful than Athens and the city centre is very compact. Do you know whereabouts you would be living? There are lots of English speaking people and activities in Florence and the surrounding countryside is absolutely gorgeous - you can easily get out into the Chianti at the weekend if you have a car, where there are lovely restaurants to linger in, gorgeous villages to visit...

BonsoirAnna Sun 20-Sep-09 15:11:30

Why don't you try the Little Italy thread - lots of helpful and knowledgeable-about-Italy MNers smile

RubiMama Tue 22-Sep-09 09:41:49

Thank you for the encouragement! I will try the Little Italy thread.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now