Talk

Advanced search

Shopping for maternity clothes in Paris

(10 Posts)
flyingcloud Wed 02-Sep-09 13:12:04

Another question from me - one day I'll be able to answer some for other people!

Planning on going maternity clothes shopping in Paris on Saturday and wondered if anyone had any suggestions. I'm good for trousers, but need smart tops, winter woolies (I really feel the cold), a smart jacket/coat for work and underwear - tights mainly.

I had one go at H&M on Rue du Rivoli, but found the selection rubbish and not really smart enough for what I need.

Thank you very much!

BriocheDoree Wed 02-Sep-09 13:30:25

Vertbaudet for casual stuff, Formes for smart / work stuff. Vertbaudet also good for breastfeeding stuff if you intend to BF afterwards.
I was lucky and had most of my stuff handed down.
Natalys used to do a good selection but I don't know since they were taken over by Serjeant Major.
There's another brand of expensive / smart clothes but I can't remember the name...genevieve something?

flyingcloud Wed 02-Sep-09 13:42:36

Thanks so much. DH is going to see his parents but it's my first Saturday without work for about six weeks so I am going to reclaim my freedom in the boutiques of Paris.

AuldAlliance Wed 02-Sep-09 13:54:23

Esprit have some good stuff. I got a nice maternity winter coat there. You can see their range online (they do free delivery, if you get tired of real shopping)

pinkhousesarebest Wed 02-Sep-09 18:05:08

Also Un et Un Font Trois and Véronique Delachaux. There used to be a little boutique on the Rue du Four called Lune, but that is a few years ago.

poppy34 Thu 03-Sep-09 20:44:35

another vote here for un et un font trois. if you are anywhere near passy, rue guichard has drool making shops (including a natalys and a un et un) plus the nearby gap does a fab maternity section. I lived in their stuff late on.

flyingcloud Thu 03-Sep-09 21:12:38

I don't live in Paris, so am making a special trip - these shops sound wonderful, thank you, think I shall be heading for rue Guichard.

poppy34 Fri 04-Sep-09 10:03:57

Great there is also a formes near thE gap on rue de passy

flyingcloud Sat 05-Sep-09 19:38:36

Just want to thank you for your help - found some really nice clothes and hopefully some stuff that won't date if I find myself i this state again. Rue Guichard was fabulous!

poppy34 Mon 07-Sep-09 10:16:22

Glad it was a success

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now