Talk

Advanced search

Ayudame por favor! Can any Spanish speakers help me translate this?

(5 Posts)
flowerpotwoman Sat 22-Aug-09 23:46:41

I left my XP in Spain a few years ago and failed to remove my name from our joint bank account blush . Other, unresolved issues have now come to a head and I need to do it urgently.

Could any kind Spanish mamas help me to translate the following paragraph into legible Spanish?

I am a client of X bank, but I have not lived in Spain for the past x years. I would like to remove my name from the bank account xxx, which is currently held in joint names with my former partner Xxx Xxx, whom I separated from x years ago. I now live in the UK and can be contacted at the above address.

Muchas gracias if anyone is able to help,

FPW xx

flowerpotwoman Sat 22-Aug-09 23:56:52

Topeton!

flowerpotwoman Sun 23-Aug-09 00:12:01

Bumping de nuevo

OrangeFish Sun 23-Aug-09 01:19:53

I can translate, but from experience I would say that you need to send them a letter (along with one of XP) asking them to close the account. Alternatively, you may freeze it, but that mean whatever money is there, stays there.

The easiest thing would be to send a letter to your XP (if in good terms), authorising him t close the account in your behalf.

I'm afraid you can't simply remove a name from a join account

flowerpotwoman Sun 23-Aug-09 14:56:54

Thank you OrangeFish sad , I'm sure you're right. Don't know why I thought there might be a simple solution. x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now