Advanced search

Quick - Canada Work permits different provinces

(4 Posts)
JeMeSouviens Wed 12-Aug-09 20:28:49

Briefly, does anyone know about the work permits for different provinces?

We are in working in Quebec (TWP which is currently being renewed) and are about to move to British Columbia, do we need a different TWP for BC?

madwomanintheattic Wed 12-Aug-09 21:57:58

is your TWP named for your current job? or is it an 'open' WP (can't remember the official title lol) - normally they are tied to a particular job/ contract, so if you are moving jobs then you would need a new one... i'm guessing it is a company move and you are staying with the same job though?

JeMeSouviens Wed 12-Aug-09 23:39:36

yep staying with the same company, just moving to a job site, which is in BC.

madwomanintheattic Sat 15-Aug-09 01:31:43

is it the same job that's moving location? or a new one? i don't know whether you would need a new LMO etc if it is a different job, as the permit is tied to the post? a conundrum! i'd ask the company legal bods to check it out for you... i'm sure there is a way round it as you won't be taking a canadian job presumably (unless they are advertising the post you leave? have they advertised the post you are going to?) if they are moving the department lock stock and barrel then i'd say your existing permit is fine (but def not expert in the ways of CIC lol - and they do seem to make the rules up as they go along...)
have a lot of fun in BC anyway - i'll wave from the other side of the rockies! (we're in AB)

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: