Talk

Advanced search

Good paediatrician in Luxembourg?

(8 Posts)
EvieBear Tue 04-Aug-09 09:05:15

Hi there
Just wondering if anyone has a recommendation for a paediatrician in Lux?

Thanks!

broguemum Tue 04-Aug-09 09:23:43

Yup.

Dr Robert Bretz - you can find him in the yellow pages. He has his own practice in Lux - near the Parc de Merl. He speaks English pretty well. In our experience he's been friendly, pragmatic and is ALWAYS on time - no waiting for hours for the appointment you made at 9. He also works at the Kannerklinik but I don't think you can make appointments with him there.

HTH.

EvieBear Wed 05-Aug-09 10:25:38

thanks broguemum! i have made an appointment with dr bretz!

Weta Tue 11-Aug-09 16:11:14

Broguemum - I've just rung Dr Bretz for an appointment too but just get a message saying the next consultation is tomorrow at 9am. Does one just turn up or can one make appointments, and does he ever answer the phone?!

Hi Eviebear too... looks like there'll soon be enough of us to do a Luxembourg meet-up

broguemum Wed 12-Aug-09 11:52:35

You need to call to get appointments.

Sorry this is a bit late. If you have an emergency just go to the Kannerklinik but be prepared to wait.... and wait.... and wait...

You could try the new hospital up at KKirchberg but I have not had to go there (yet).

Weta Wed 12-Aug-09 14:13:33

Thanks, I've managed to get through to him now and made an appointment - nothing too urgent, fortunately

broguemum Wed 12-Aug-09 15:09:59

I warn you, he's a bit gruff but out of the 4 different paediatricians we've seen he has been the best and one does not have to wait which I value very much!

Hope it goes well.

Weta Mon 24-Aug-09 10:42:32

BM... just wanted to say thanks for the recommendation - went to him on Friday and thought he seemed pretty good (though of course his advice about DS1's longstanding medical problems conflicts with what we got in France!!).

Didn't find him gruff at all, thought he dealt with DS1 really well and he had plenty of interesting toys... and love the ambulance bed!!

BTW, DS2 started at his creche last week and it's gone really well so far. Summer is a great time to start as there are only about 5 kids at the moment. He was all smiles after about 3 days and they said they just wished every child settled in as well as he seems to have. So that's a huge relief, especially after having such a different experience with DS1 in the past.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now