Talk

Advanced search

Where do you buy kids shoes in NZ?

(7 Posts)
beansmum Tue 04-Aug-09 03:04:56

Not the black school shoe type shoes, just ordinary trainers for a 5yo ds. Ones that wont wear out before he grows out of them. I am stuck.

Sibble Tue 04-Aug-09 03:15:45

Hi, depends on your budget. The Warehouse and K-Mart both do 'labels' but last seasons for a reasonable price. That's usually my first port of call as my ds's don't know or care about whether they are last season or the season before! Otherwise a friend just bought a pair, Nike I think, from Athletes Foot for $30 but they were in the sale.

We've also got an outlet place not too far but tbh they can still cost about $70 which I refuse to pay for 9 and soon to be 5 year olds who run through mud, hardly wear them and given half the chance will take them off and leave them somewhere.

WhatSheSaid Tue 04-Aug-09 04:59:00

Have you tried Trade Me? Loads of kids stuff on there at the mo, I think lots of people are trying to make an extra dollar or two and selling on stuff their kids have grown out of.

Or...No 1 Shoe Warehouse? Farmers? I think the other shoe shops can be fairly pricey but virtually everywhere seems to have sales on virtually all the time at the moment so you may get a bargain.

Have you tried the Salefinder website, it tells you which shops have sales on - you can search for "shoes" or whatever you're looking for.Link here

Shells Tue 04-Aug-09 05:18:43

I'd go with both those suggestions. Except Number 1 shoe warehouse, although cheap, are truly crap. shoes have fallen apart very quickly for us.

lavenderbongo Tue 04-Aug-09 06:02:44

Agree with Warehouse - cheap but reasonable quality. Dont go to Number 1 shoes they are cheap and fall apart as Shells said.
I managed to find dd a good pair of boots in the sale in Farmers, might be worth a look.

beansmum Tue 04-Aug-09 22:38:12

I'll try the warehouse, ds's last pairs were from k mart but lasted about 2 weeks each before the soles wore through! I usually try not to go to the warehouse, I always spend loads of money I don't have on things I really don't need.

beansmum Sun 09-Aug-09 22:24:34

got some! I wasn't planning on getting any for a week or two but we went whale watching this weekend and ds was sick all over his old shoes. I tried to wash them but they were still pretty disgusting and the soles started to fall apart.

The Warehouse had a really good range, got some trainers for $24, hopefully they wont fall apart.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now