Talk

Advanced search

My entire life has just left on a 40ft container!

(8 Posts)
inscotland Thu 09-Jul-09 19:10:04

To make its way to Perth, WA.

We fly out 2 weeks on Monday.

Next 2 weeks is tax returns, tax credit forms and national insurance......boo hiss!

WOW! Are you excited, scared? Both I bet! Do you have friends and family out there?
Definitely boo hiss to the form filling...

Starmummy Mon 13-Jul-09 14:28:52

Good luck inscotland. Did you get the name of the ship from the shipping co? We tracked our ship which Ds used to check everyday as when we left the UK there was a ship wreck off the south coast and all the containers washed up and were looted. Very rare, dont panic!!!!!!

Make sure inbetween the forms you get yourselves some good memories with your family and friends. And you can look forward to the tax rebate ;-)

PestoMonster Mon 13-Jul-09 14:31:17

Gosh, that sounds exciting (not the paperwork!)

Perth is fab, do you have any idea of whereabouts in Perth you want to end up?

sandcastles Mon 13-Jul-09 14:56:22

That's scary! I cried when mine left! [soft arse emoticon]

But getting it at this end (Australia) was FAB! It was great to see all my stuff again, sleep in my own bed, with my own sheets. Dd loved opening her toy box & seeing all her toys!

Very exciting!

Starmummy Mon 13-Jul-09 15:22:53

OOh I remember that. Sleeping in my own bed, I still remember how happy I felt.

Crown relo gave DS a box decorated like a Crown truck, he packed his very very special things in it and it was first off. He was thrilled. God bless the packers.

Also try and get a chair off early to sit on. When they offload you have sheets with all the carton numbers on and you have to check them off, its like playing bingo ;-)

sandcastles Mon 13-Jul-09 15:37:49

I loved checking all the boxes off, they put them where ever I told them too, and it was great to see all the rooms fill up with boxes!

Sibble Mon 13-Jul-09 20:45:37

oh I cried too when I waved ours off. Also remember checking the paper on the day it was due to arrive and cheering while heaving a huge sigh of relief that it had arrived safely. I had up until then had visions of it being the only one (of course!) disappearing off the ship all Madagasca like grin.

Good luck with the move. I lived in Perth many years ago and loved it. It's on our list of possibles if we ever get sick of Auckland.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now