Talk

Advanced search

Any Mumsnetters in Zug??

(5 Posts)
giddybiddy Fri 26-Jun-09 18:43:59

We're relocating to Zug next month with my husband's job and 3 DDs and wonder if there are any Mumsnetters there?? Am feeling fairly aprehensive about the whole thing but trying to remain positive.........

LIZS Fri 26-Jun-09 19:40:46

There certainly were ...Have you joined any of the local expat websites as that will keep you updated as to what is happening and where? July is pretty quiet for expats there as most groups and international schools will be shut for summer from mid June to mid August and many go back home for a break. August 1st is Swiss National day with fireworks and village fairs. Do you speak any german ?

beresh Mon 29-Jun-09 09:18:14

Hi we moved from London to a village between Zurich and Zug at Easter with our 2 DD's. I was worried too, and I didn't speak any German at all when we arrived, but it's been a good move for us and we're enjoying life here now. Do send me a message offline if I can be of help. Good luck with the move!

giddybiddy Mon 29-Jun-09 13:51:00

Hi - I have joined the local expat groups yes and had some great helpful advice about a number of things which has been really re-assuring! Our DDs will go to the International School in Baar from beginning of September so I am hoping to try and get a play date or two in over the summer so they know a friendly face when they start. Where are your children at school Beresh?
My German is basic to say the least but I am happy to try...
At the moment can't imagine getting to that point - am supposed to be packing but am in total denial and haven't started.......

beresh Fri 03-Jul-09 12:45:32

My oldest is in the local kindergarten, DD2 still in nursery. Can the international school help with some contact details for classmates over the summer? Best wishes!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now