Talk

Advanced search

Noosa or Mooloolaba - help me choose please

(17 Posts)
Sibble Thu 30-Oct-08 19:23:22

I'm meeting my sister for 4 days on the GOld COast next April with the 2 ds's. We're planning on doing all the amusement parks. She's flying in from the UK and we're coming over from NZ. We're then picking dh up from the airport and heading for 2 weeks to the Sunshine Coast. Problem is Noosa or Mooloolaba. We love both. Sis wants to see all the sights (zoo, underwaterworld, mountains), hang out on the beach, visit Fraser Island. I'll do all that with her but also have friends in the Brissie suburbs I want to see and dh has family there too. So Mooloolaba because it's central, easy to see Noosa and get down the coast. Or Noosa because in dh's words 'it's prettier and more 'up market!'.

Have found an apartment in each place and want to book this weekend. The other draw card to Noosa is that the complex has good pools, tennis courts and comes recommended for children. Pot luck in Mooloolaba as the apartment we usually stay in only has 2 beds and we need 3 this time.

Please help me choose you Queenslanders.

eidsvold Fri 31-Oct-08 06:32:56

We found this place FAB!!

we have stayed here a few times

We stay here with our three dds.

We love it - great pool, right across from quieter beach area, park very close walk.

Very nice resort with restaurant attached.

eidsvold Fri 31-Oct-08 06:35:21

We have also stayed in Coolum but not Noosa or Mooloolaba.

Some very upmarket resorts and accommodation right near the beach and a huge park.

eidsvold Fri 31-Oct-08 06:36:50

friends have stayed here and said it was great - close to beach again.

eidsvold Fri 31-Oct-08 06:38:34

here in coolum 5* very nice too.

ghosty Fri 31-Oct-08 07:14:52

Sibble - we are going to Coolum in January ... but I don't know what it's like as I haven't been there yet hmm so that's about as useful to you as a chocolate teapot isn't it?
We are going to the Hyatt Regency resort.

eidsvold Fri 31-Oct-08 10:26:38

supposed to be very nice ghosty. So you are going to be a few hours away from me rather than a few hours plane drive away from me ghosty?!?!?

How long you coming for??

eidsvold Fri 31-Oct-08 10:27:24

In fact we are going back to that first one in a couple of weeks.

ghosty Fri 31-Oct-08 10:54:01

A week Eids ... I am sooooooooooo looking forward to it I can't even begin to describe my excitement. We haven't had a family holiday that involves a hotel and just us, EVER - it's all been staying with in laws or family ... nice but no holiday IYSWIM?

scarletlilybug Fri 31-Oct-08 10:56:35

Just come from a baby names thread - I thought Noosa oe Mooloolaba were suggestions for baby names! And I was thinking "well, Noosa's not too bad, but Mooloolaba...?" blush

Sorry - not much help there.

eidsvold Fri 31-Oct-08 12:51:03

oh get you ghosty - spoilt aren't you grin twill be fab!!

We are only going for a long weekend. It seems dh just has so much work to do all the time and no one to do it when he is not there so we only get short snatches of time away.

Sibble Fri 31-Oct-08 20:11:17

hmmm now I'm even more confused. Hadn't considered Coolum. Resorts look great. WIll there be enough for sis to do - mid 30's single, no kids and possible on a man hunt grin. Also being single likes to hang out at bars in skimpy clothes unlike her rather mature sis wink who will be tucked up in bed by 9.

ghosty Fri 31-Oct-08 22:34:11

Eidsvold, we have this problem with DH - I keep telling him the place won't collapse if he takes some time off but he won't believe me ... I made him find out exactly how much holiday time is owed to him (he kept saying he didn't have much and wanted to save it) and he came home very sheepishly admitting that he has 6 whole weeks saved ... silly arse. So I booked the holiday the very next day grin
They have a 'Christmas special' and I think we deserve a treat grin

liath Fri 31-Oct-08 22:40:46

I'm not sure I can contribute anything more meaningful than envyenvyenvyenvyenvyenvyenvyenvyenvyenvyenvyenvyenvyenvyenvyenvy[env y]envyenvyenvyenvyenvyenvyenvyenvyenvyenvyenvy

Noosa is one of my most favourite places ever......

eidsvold Sat 01-Nov-08 01:13:39

Noosa - great little shops, Sunshine Plaza at Maroochydore for shopping - must go to Eumundi markets - fab fab fab.

eidsvold Sat 01-Nov-08 01:14:43

I managed to talk dh into taking three weeks off this christmas - just to get some things done around the house and so we can take the dds out as it is hard for me to take the three on my own.

mymama Sat 01-Nov-08 06:39:16

I would go to Noosa. Nice little shops and the beach is lovely.

My sis always stays here.

The river view apartments overlook the Noosa river and a beautiful park for the kids. Only a short walk to Hastings Street.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: