Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

german mothercare?

(6 Posts)
nicm Thu 16-Oct-08 21:25:00

hi

was wondering if anyone can recommend a german version of mothercare or good baby shops in berlin or somewhere near the city with good public transport links please?

i'm trying to get a raincover, bibs, babyfood etc.

thanks

aussieinde Sat 18-Oct-08 02:55:08

DM or Schlecker are probably your best bet for bibs and baby food... I think DM even do a raincover. Or check out Baby Walz

TheGabster Sat 18-Oct-08 20:04:40

Hi

Just posted you a message on the German thread but will give the info here too incase you don't check back.

DM are fab if you get a good one - cheapest place for nappies.

Schlecker - buy food in bulk, easier and cheaper, dont shlap up there - shop online here-

For all the "other stuff", bibs etc - [[www.baby-markt.de baby markt] are the cheapest and don't charge delivery on orders over 20Eur, but the range is not always so good. Another good one is babybutt.

Happy shopping. grin

Gabster

nicm Sat 18-Oct-08 23:58:12

thank you both. will try and find these tomorrow. have managed to get nappies and ended up with baby wipes that aren`t wet lol! think they have some sort of oil on them instead!?

TheGabster Sun 19-Oct-08 15:02:18

Eyuew - wet wipes with oil? That's a new one. What does it say on the packet - maybe I can translate /work out what they are meant for.

Wet wipes are something like feuchtentucher - you should be able to get pampers and Johnson & Johnson ones (called Panaten here).

But most of my German friends (and me included now) just buy the big square cotton wool pads from DM and use boiled water - much kinder to bottoms if they poo a lot (sorry if TMI).

Give me a shout if you need help with anything else.

G

Alexa808 Mon 20-Oct-08 07:19:27

i love this german website...

all organic and without nasties:

for germans www.bellybutton.de/?newlanguage=de

for english spekers www.bellybuttoninternational.com/en/?newlanguage=en

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now