Talk

Advanced search

anyone in Moscow. Russia?

(4 Posts)
LizaK Thu 02-Oct-08 10:00:09

Hi. Anyone want to chat in Moscow? I am British. husband is Russian. My son is 8 and just had a baby girl. would love to get to knowrussian or expat mums/families.

lisaK

KerryMum Thu 02-Oct-08 10:01:14

no but I was surrounded by Russians for 2 weeks last week.

nice people.

Louise2004 Sun 05-Oct-08 16:11:06

Hi Liza - you're probably best joining the British Women's Club (bwcmoscow.co.uk) as they have a Family Network with activities for children, including a weekly Toddler Swimming group that would be good for your daughter. Their children's guide is now online at childreninmoscow.ru for other ideas.

Are you living in the centre? Where does your son go to school? There are quite a few "expat areas" (and schools/kindergartens, both Russian and foreign) where you could meet fellow expats and friends for your children.

There's also the American Women's Organization (they accept non-US members) and the International Women's Club. Both have groups for children as well.

Louise2004 Sun 05-Oct-08 16:15:25

There's also Barbara Spier's "Living in Moscow" relocation book and her regular "Fun Stuff" mailing, which I forgot to mention. This is really the only relocation book available here and it's very comprehensive. Her mailing is useful for knowing about upcoming events (including children/family events). Visit livinginmoscow.ru for her contact details.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now