Talk

Advanced search

MNetters in France - which city would you recommend for dd's French work experience?

(5 Posts)
CoffeeCrazedMama Wed 10-Sep-08 10:24:11

She will be 17 when she goes and we are in the process of looking at what is on offer from the company that arranges it. There is a lot of choice.

I am wanting somewhere with low crime/social problems, obv. where my pfb will be safe! She will be there a week. Options include Rheims (somewhere I love), Rouen, Strasbourg, Lille, Montpellier, Limoges and Nime. Not yet sure if Paris included.

We have travelled to some of the cities briefly as visitors, but that doesn't always give a full picture.

DH and I love France, and want her to enjoy this so she will share that and want to return to France (and to do her best with A-level French studies!).

Any insider opinions would be really appreciated. smile

Anna8888 Wed 10-Sep-08 10:26:53

Paris is great - there is so much to do even on your own in the way of (free or low cost) tourism. And the centre of Paris is really very safe. If Paris is included I would say Paris.

Strasbourg is wonderful.

CoffeeCrazedMama Wed 10-Sep-08 10:29:34

Ooh, thank you Anna. I'm hoping it is on offer as there really is nowhere quite like Paris!

Othersideofthechannel Thu 11-Sep-08 18:43:50

No idea but I would love to know which company organises this sort of thing. I'm often being asked to fix things up for the children of aquaintances.

CoffeeCrazedMama Thu 11-Sep-08 22:48:55

They are a company called Halsbury - I'll try a link here .

Dd's school have apparently used them before with no probs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now