Talk

Advanced search

Help need german text converting

(5 Posts)
Starmummy Thu 21-Aug-08 12:09:20

Hi My friend has a VW bettle broken down in a car park. The breakdown service will not remove from a multi story car park????

Anyway the book says

"Motorsteuerung

Tritt wahrend der fahrt beim benzinmoter eine storung in der motorsteuerung auf, wird dies durch blinken der kontrolleuchte angezeigt."

We did try babble fish but we got a not very clear answer.

Can anyone help? TIA

LIZS Thu 21-Aug-08 12:18:53

Is there a warning light blinking on the dashboard ? I think it is saying roughly When the engine breaks down during a journey check what the light which is flashing is indicating.

Starmummy Thu 21-Aug-08 13:08:31

It does have a flashing light but wont start at all. The light looks like a wrapped sweet, with a sticky out bit (like a sweet wrapper). We dont know what it means. Goolgling now for an online handbook.

LIZS Thu 21-Aug-08 13:23:44

It sounds as if this is just telling you to cross reference the indicator light. Is there any chart in the book too ?

Starmummy Fri 22-Aug-08 07:27:49

Thanks LizS for your help. We abaandoned the car till today (Friday) as it is the first day of the weekend here and there will be less traffic, so we can push the car fron the car park !!!! and then get the breakdown people to come and sort it. My friend is on a mission to get a handbook in English, lol.
As an aside I would say 95% of cars here are automatic and you cant push them so I wonder what happens if it gets stuck in a car park then? Must find out soon.

Thanks again

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now