Advanced search

Hey Aussies! I have a carseat question!

(13 Posts)
Califrau Tue 19-Aug-08 03:19:16

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Califrau Tue 19-Aug-08 03:19:32

eidsvold Tue 19-Aug-08 06:11:57

how much does he weigh and how old is he??

eidsvold Tue 19-Aug-08 06:14:34

there is one like this

@ I have one similar to that on layby for dd2 who is 4 in Nov and is around 18kg or so.

eidsvold Tue 19-Aug-08 06:15:21

that link did not work.

here

superloopy Tue 19-Aug-08 06:15:40

You will probably just need a booster seat

like these

superloopy Tue 19-Aug-08 06:21:09

Have a look here and it will calculate which kind of seat you will need. There is other safety tips etc there too.

eidsvold Tue 19-Aug-08 06:21:16

painful link - page 19 of the catalogue.

lispy Tue 19-Aug-08 06:24:29

"child retraints with inbuilt 5 or 6 point harness until at least 5 years oldand booster seats that incorporate the adult lap/sash seatbelt and have back and side protection until child is 145cm". legally after age 1 you can do anything but OBVIOUSLY should follow advice above (just copied it from a local mag. just looked at yours, there are heaps like that, depends on if you use a harness seatbelt (bought seperately) or if it has a built in one.

Califrau Tue 19-Aug-08 17:18:11

Califrau Tue 19-Aug-08 17:19:16

eidsvold Wed 20-Aug-08 02:43:16

to convert to kgs - 2.2lbs to a kg.

for 78 bucks they can keep it for when their other grandchild is older. They can get seats very reasonably at BigW.

I have a convertible booster which starts off at 5 point then you can attach the h-harness and then you can just use the seat belt. But i got one like yours for dd1 at a later date - such a good price and she is getting bigger.

arfishy Wed 20-Aug-08 08:42:53

I did the same when I flew to the UK. I pre-ordered a car seat and got it delivered to mum's.

Here I was astonished to see how many parents at pre-school were arriving with their 4 year olds just sitting in the front seat of their cars. I don't see many of DD's school friends arriving in boosters either tbh. This makes me shock but then regulations are much tougher in the UK. I looked very odd with a carseat for DD in Thailand when the natives were propping their babies up in front of them on their motorbikes!

I managed to get this one for DD at half price: Boosters. Don't think this link goes through to it, it's the Barcelona booster, bottom right on p19. I was happy with it until another expat friend said that she'd heard recommendations about using 5 point harnesses beyond 5 years, so now I'm not sure (for long term use obviously, I used a very basic one in the UK and with hire cars).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now