Talk

Advanced search

SKY tv in Spain

(4 Posts)
Gunnerbean Tue 05-Aug-08 17:11:14

We've rented an apartment off the iternet on the Costa del Sol for a week and it says on the apartment details that it has SKY tv and to simply "bring your SKY card with you".

We can easily take ours but as far as I'm aware, each SKY viewing card is unique to its own digi box so I'm not quite sure how this will work.

It would be great to take our own card because then presumably we'd have the same viewing package as we have at home but I can't see how it will work in any any other box but ours. I've tried mine in my mum's digi box and it doesn't work.

Perhaps it's different outside the UK, I'm not sure.

Does anyone live in Spain who can tell me what the deal is out there with watching SKY tv?

onceinalifetime Tue 05-Aug-08 17:20:06

Not sure of the exact setup as I don't have Sky but my mum lives in Spain and rents out an apartment and people bring their Sky cards here and they work fine.

LIZS Tue 05-Aug-08 17:24:53

Are they providing a box or just the dish and wire ? We bought our own digibox and acquired a card separately.

Gunnerbean Tue 05-Aug-08 17:49:34

As far as I know there is a box and dish already there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now