Talk

Advanced search

Time for an aussie roll call AGAIN :)

(71 Posts)
eidsvold Tue 05-Aug-08 08:59:23

We seem to have lost our thread ( okay - I can't be bothered trying to find it)

Who is here and who is soon to be here?

I'll start

Brisbane

Eidsvold - sahm, 3 dds, aussie

superloopy Wed 06-Aug-08 02:02:43

Melbourne

SAHM - DD 4yo, DS 7mo

me aussie - DH pom

ninedragons Wed 06-Aug-08 02:47:55

Sydney from November 16 (yay! we have a date!)

SAHM at the moment to DD, 6 months. Would like to get back to work at least part-time when we return; I can feel my brain atrophying.

I am an Aussie, DH yet another pom. Sydney is rammed with them but I shall be shoe-horning another one in grin

sandcastles Wed 06-Aug-08 03:05:40

Adelaide

SAHM 2 dds 5 [today] and 4 weeks.

Both poms!

superloopy Wed 06-Aug-08 03:11:55

Congrats on DD2 sandcastles!! I missed her arrival! smile

sandcastles Wed 06-Aug-08 03:17:27

Thanks superloopy!

She is v kind to me, only gets me up once a night! She knows I like my sleep!

claudiaschiffer Wed 06-Aug-08 03:26:10

Adelaide too [waves to sandcastles].

Sahm with dd 3yrs and dd 11months.

Me a Pom and PROUD rah rah rah etc

DH an Aussies and PROUD(er).

superloopy Wed 06-Aug-08 03:28:29

You are so lucky...envy DS likes to wake up at least twice a night and he is nearly 8mo.

sandcastles Wed 06-Aug-08 04:04:26

Hey, claudiaschiffer...bloody miserable down here in the Burbs....what's it like up there?

superloopy, we had to do 2/3 hourly feeds with dd1, so was up all hours in the early days with her, seemed to tae an age for her to get her wind up & resettle etc...so am hoping this is my 'reward' for that!

claudiaschiffer Wed 06-Aug-08 04:28:18

Hi Sandcastles - weather is fecking AWFUL up here in the hills - foggy, wet, wild, cold - you get the idea. I wanna move in with Eidsvold in Brissie. grin

Did anyone see that Grand Designs show on ABC last night? It was set in Cheltenham where my dear old mum and dad live. GOD it made me homesick. I think I have terrified DH as I said I wanted to go and live there. He has been VERY quiet since.

claudiaschiffer Wed 06-Aug-08 04:28:59

So glad you baby is such a delightfully sleepy girl btw x

eidsvold Wed 06-Aug-08 04:54:21

come claudia - we have a two man tent and a sleeping bag - is that enough grin ALso have a three car shed - plenty of room in there!!

claudiaschiffer Wed 06-Aug-08 05:14:23

Thank you so much, you are very kind grin. Me, dh, 2 kids and a dog will be very happy in your shed.

sandcastles Wed 06-Aug-08 05:18:31

claudiaschiffer, I know what you mean...I quite like it tho...well, I say LIKE....what I mean is that it is quite welcome before the hotter temps set in again! Feels like home!

DH has previously been quite vocal about going back to the UK...but he seems to be trying to settle here [been here 2 years now] so maybe it was just a phase...

eidsvold Wed 06-Aug-08 11:09:44

claudia - yard is fully fenced so dog okay. Dog leash free area in park down the road - close to shops and walk for about 5 minutes at leisurely pace - to good junior school.

MiggyPop Wed 06-Aug-08 11:20:55

hey everyone...new to this thread...I'm Mia and I'm at the Mid north coast NSW . Since 2004. Brissy before then (2002). I'm so homesick. I miss English summers and my friends and family badly. I went back in June and had a blast. Loved every minute of it and have been a mess ever since. Don't get me wrong. Love Australia and now an Aussie citizen but those long summer nights...get me every time.

The cold doesn't help. 6 years on and I still can't cope with the lack if insulation and central heating....gaaaaaaargh.

xx

MavisGrind Wed 06-Aug-08 11:27:27

I can just squeeze in....<ex bamamama here> resident of Canberra until this Sunday then it's back to the UK until next July when we're moving to Sydney.

Wish me luck with that flight - 27 hours with a 2 year old and morning sickness (me not him). Everyone is going to love us! grin

eidsvold Wed 06-Aug-08 11:34:58

oh miss you by two weeks - I am in Canberra 23/24 august!!! what a shame.

MavisGrind Wed 06-Aug-08 11:41:59

Oh of course - it's your trip to the archives. Have a wonderful time. It was quite spring like in Canberra today - I was able to remove my woolly hat!

claudiaschiffer Wed 06-Aug-08 11:44:15

oooo hello MiggyPop, I know exactly how you feel - I am desperately homesick. I went home (back to the UK) for the first time since we left (2 yrs) in April and it has totally thrown me. I still feel really unsettled and glooooooomy. Frankly I'm even starting to annoy myself so Lord knows how dh (australian) has put up with me for the last 3 months. Honestly, I now trudge around the house being miserable. It must be so annoying for my poor husband. And you are right, the winters here are grim.

And Hello Mavis - just keep chanting "this will end . . . this will end" to yourself. It is a very dull and ghastly flight but it is only a day (well ok, just over). Will you have help when you get back to the UK? Can you offload your 2 yr old onto grateful and excited grandparents whilst you rest?

robinpud Wed 06-Aug-08 11:45:18

<<hijack>>

Congratulations Sandcastles! I wondered if you had had the lo! Hope it all goes well and that it helps dh feel more sttled. I just had my friend from Clare visiting for a few days befoere she flies home to your cold weather!

MiggyPop Wed 06-Aug-08 12:22:16

claudiaschiffer - DH is Aussie too and we've moved to his part of the world (complete with in-laws - well-meaning but useless). I never used to be this bad, but recently I've taken to listening to Captial online...geez...is that bad or what?

Well i'm sub-tropical so only a month now before the warm weather comes. But I still live in the hicks...used to be a London gal...don't think I ever will get used to the slower pace.

lulalullabye Thu 07-Aug-08 09:33:31

Hi, nurse, two dd's 2.3 and 1 and forgot the dh !

Moving to Melbourne in Jan, right in the middle of sorting everything out shock bloody hard work.

sandcastles Fri 08-Aug-08 02:16:45

Thanks Robinpud!

We are looking at the possiblity of extending our rental lease, so I am hoping dh is getting over his want to return to the UK.

DCsnatchsunhill Fri 08-Aug-08 02:35:27

Hiya. Here in Melbourne with DH and DS times two.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now