Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

passport from the b###ding british embassy

(9 Posts)
chloeb2002 Thu 31-Jul-08 02:20:53

ok i need to sound off... rrraaaahhhhhhhhh. ds now 3 months old has possible got some neuro problems that need attention. If delt with promptly will probably leave him with no deficet.. however to get treatment he need a passport to a/ get his medicare entitlement.. needs current visa stamp to do this. b/ leave aus and get treatment in th uk.. needs passport to do this too. Maybe i am mad but have now been waiting 8 weeks for an application that is allegedly red taped? (rushed) so rang again today to be told that they havent even looked at the additional documents i sent 2 weeks ago.. rushed?...then was told i didnt send a 2 bits of id for my 3 month old son... then was told i didnt have to! huh? there initial question was when was my date of travel... i said its a bit more inmportant than a holiday.. when i got irate i was told not to shout.. i cried instead... so not happy they wont tell me when it will be done... anyone got any prozac?

slim22 Thu 31-Jul-08 03:21:49

did my DD's passport in singapor brit high commission.

10 days tops.

they are messing you about. All you need is parent's birth certs , marriage cert and child's birth cert and photos.

In case of emmergency they do it in 3 days.

call or better go and shout and shout again.

slim22 Thu 31-Jul-08 03:25:55

did you read all the info here

fair enough they say 25 working days but surely this IS an emergency and warrants sympathy?

chloeb2002 Thu 31-Jul-08 22:42:29

resorting to crying on the phone must ahve hit the spot somewhere. Dh rang two hours later and was told the passport would be ready by end of the day and sent by air express today. Read all the info.. when i first applied the site was less user friendly , slim22, they wanted just about everything inclucing blood! was not funny. by all accounts following dh's conversation it has been on big mess up on their parts.. however they did try telling him if we had put a 'travel date' on top of the form it would have been done angry so writing endless letters explaining the situation and ringing at teh cost of $10 a time wasnt enough! ahhhhhhhhh still fingers crossed it will arrive today.. heres waiting?

Califrau Thu 31-Jul-08 22:50:09

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Califrau Thu 31-Jul-08 22:59:24

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

chloeb2002 Fri 01-Aug-08 01:54:34

i am tracking it as i type..... it has left canberra at half three yeterday a stunning 5 hours after i lost it with them... dh assures me it was my utter distress that upset the ignorant yes to coin your phrase utter twunt califrau... do you think that the dont shout.. raise your voice line is part of their training manual? to speak to her supervisor and magically produce said document within 5 hours? the same document i have waited for for weeks and weeks!
aaaahhhhhhaaaahhhhhhhaaaaahhhhhh.. head banging on study door as i type. am going to go to the target toy sale and buy a jolly jumper later... not for ds but for me so i can sit in it and go la la la la la la alot!

slim22 Fri 01-Aug-08 09:16:35

glad it's sorted.

keep fingers crossed.

yes, do spoil yourself and try not to worry too much

Hope DS is ok.

MmeLindt Fri 01-Aug-08 22:58:26

Did the passport arrive?

We got DD's new passport within 3 days from the German consulate, and that was not the emergency service.

Hope you got everything sorted out, Chloeb2002 and that your DS is ok.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now