Talk

Advanced search

Any German, speakers, can you help please..

(10 Posts)
twoplusone Sun 27-Jul-08 20:27:28

Hi I have written two letters for a change of address, one for a telephone, and I am wanting to keep the same cobntract, just a different number wanting to cancell on the 22nd aug and have new line opened on the 27 august.

The other is for kindergeld, which i want paying via postal order!! instead of to the bank as i do not yet have a bank account in herford..

please would you read through and let me know if they are ok.. as I have used an online translator...

Kindergeld..

ich scriebe um sie uber eine Adressenanderung zu informieren. meine neue adresse wird ab .........

ich werde am 27 August 2008 umziehen.

Konnen sie mein kindergeld, uber postauftrag eher als zahlung in die bank bitte senden, ab septemebr 2008 bis ich ein neues Bankkonto geruindet habe.

Veilen dank fur ihre helfen
Freundlicher respekt.

telephone
ich mochte heirmit ihnen bescheid sagen das.
Ich am 27 august 2008 noch
then address..
konnen sie bitte meine alte nr am 22 aug 2008 kundemgen und meine neue telefon deinst am 27 august 2008.
Umziehe
Ich mocht meine neue telefon deinst mit T COM behalten. Konnen sie mir bitte eine neue telefon nr von ihnen auf meine neue adresse behalben

Wielen danke fur ihre helfe.

Please can you reasuure me that the letters make sense.. or that they will atleast understand them. Thank you very much.

SSSandy2 Mon 28-Jul-08 10:30:12

Hi well I don't know if they'll send you a postal cheque to be honest. I would write something like this, just keep it really simple. I would keep one bank account open until you have opened the other IYSWIM

Kindergeld

Betr.: Kindergeld Nr. (write ref number) Adressenänderung, Zahlmodus

Sehr geehrte Damen und Herren,

ich möchte Sie davon in Kenntnis setzten, dass wir am 27.8.2008 umziehen. Die neue Adresse lautet: .........

Ausserdem bitte ich Sie darum, mir zukünftig das Kindergeld ab September 2008 auf dem Postweg zuzuschicken bis ich ein neues Bankkonto eröffnet habe. Dies werde ich Ihnen dann umgehend mitteilen.

mit freundlichen Grüssen,

(type your name and sign above it)

SSSandy2 Mon 28-Jul-08 10:39:42

I didn't really understand what you wrote about the telephone. I have to go out now but I'll have a look at it later. If you need it fast, I'll just bash out soething quick:

Betr.: Umzug, neuer Telefonanschluss

Sehr geehrte Damen und Herren,

wir ziehen am 27.8.2008 um. Aus diesem Grunde möchte ich meinen derzeitigen Telefonanschluss (Number ........) zum 22.8.2008 kündigen, den Vertrag mit T-Com jedoch beibehalten.

Ich bitte Sie, einen neuen Telefonanschluss zum 27.8.2008 in der neuen Wohnung freizuschalten. Die Adresse lautet:

(write new address)

Bitte teilen Sie uns die neue Telefonnummer mit.

mit freundlichen Grüssen,

twoplusone Mon 28-Jul-08 15:48:53

Thank you..

Oopps I have already send the letter for the telephone.. tbh one of my friend wrote that for me but i thought I had better check.. oh well I will see what happens.. if nbothing else it will give them alugh in the office.. on the other hand atleast i have tried to do it in german and not done it in English...

Thank you again

I am thinking of just keeping my bank jhere open as well as my new account.. as i have a small loan with them here.. and the kindergeld covers that.. so i amy just do that until the loan is paid.. will see what happens.

berolina Mon 28-Jul-08 15:55:26

hello sandy Bit hot, isn't it?

Kindergeld won't send you a cheque, but you will have it back-dated once your new account is up and running.

twoplusone Mon 28-Jul-08 18:10:32

Oh I know people here who get something they have to cash at the post office once amonth instead of in there banks from Kindergeld.. I wonder wether as we are forces they do it slightly differently..

SSSandy2 Tue 29-Jul-08 10:12:12

Hot it is bero. I just hope it's melting some of the fat off me! Unfortuantely I have collected a bit the past 3 months or so

Good luck with your move twoplusone. Do you have some helpful office for the forces families that would advise about things like that?

twoplusone Wed 30-Jul-08 12:25:05

I can check with the welfare office.. but we dont have anyone that peaks germna in there, hence why i thought i woud try and doa translation my self!!!!...

Still not sure what to do, I am going to talk to them re keeping the account open and having another account aswell!! will see what happens..x

SSSandy2 Wed 30-Jul-08 15:44:58

scootergirl might know. She is (or just has) moved within Germany (forces) so she must have had the same problem.

SSSandy2 Wed 30-Jul-08 15:51:56

Good for you having a bash at writing it in German anyway. When I write in foreign languages, I try to keep to a few very short sentences because I think it makes it easier for those deciphering to understand you (well hopefully anyway!). Maybe you could have your German text and then in simple English underneath repeat the same, that way if they don't understand what you wrote in German, someone in the office would be bound to understand the English IYSWIM?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now