Talk

Advanced search

Living in Spain, pregnant, looking for travel insurance

(5 Posts)
Singingintherain Thu 10-Jul-08 19:09:48

Please can anyone tell me if they know if there are any travel insurance policies that will cover my family for a trip back to England. I am pregant with pre-existing medical conditions relating to my pregnancies in the past.

I am really despertate. I keep finding them and when I ring them they will not insure me.

Thank you

staranise Thu 10-Jul-08 19:14:48

Are you English? Why would you need medical insurance for a trip home, given that the NHS would treat you anyway? I had my DDs in Spain and used to move back and forwards between the health systems without any hassle. Sorry, it's probably me missing the point, but if you jsut want normal holiday insurance, can you not get that, excluding cover for pregnancy? Or is it to cover you on the flights?

Singingintherain Fri 11-Jul-08 12:53:03

I am English, but temporaily living in Spain. I need insurnce because I am visiting the UK for two weeks and are also taking a holiday to a residential themed park. I know I am entitled to NHS Treatment as I have a E111 and also private medical insurance. I need the insurance just to cover me for a cancellation due to a pregnancy problem if necessary (If hope not) before I go. I have had two micarriages earlier in the year and I will be 14 weeks pregnant on week of travel. I am due my 12 week scan in a couple of weeks and can not wait until this date to book my holiday as there will be no availability.

laidbackinengland Fri 11-Jul-08 13:03:41

According to previous threads M & S and Direct Travel are good for this. Do you have a UK address you can give as many insurers won't insure non-residents ?

MrsMcJnr Sun 27-Jul-08 00:14:17

My husband sells insurance to expats in Spain. Where are you based? we are in La Cala de Mijas on Mijas Costa. You you'd like a quote CAT me and I'll pass your details on to my hubby smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now