Anybody live in Pontevedra

(8 Posts)
SnowyOwlWan Mon 28-Dec-20 14:50:19

I find myself fascinated by this city, no cars, but also, because of its location.

OP’s posts: |
TechnoDino Mon 28-Dec-20 16:29:55

I’d never heard of it until I read your post, now I’m intigued too, and want to visit!

Hellokittymania Tue 29-Dec-20 06:57:29

Just out of curiosity, but do you mean in Florida? There is a place called this in Florida as well, I grew up in Florida, but I have never visited there.

Hellokittymania Tue 29-Dec-20 06:59:05

Sorry, I just had to look for where you might be talking about… But yes, there is also one in Florida. I don’t think they have band cars though… Ha ha Ha. Florida would be a nightmare if you don’t have a car. Trust me, I am visually impaired… Not easy to get around

TuppenceMargaret Tue 29-Dec-20 07:01:47

I had to Google where you were as haven't heard of it before. Sounds lovely! smile

SnowyOwlWan Thu 31-Dec-20 00:29:03

I definitely mean Spain. I didn't know there was one in Florida too!

I don't drive, and I don't want to! I speak Spanish, but not galician. I am Irish not English so I don't think I would have too many difficulties if I moved to Spain. I couldnt go for years because of my teens. Im single and could live anywhere I guess.

Im probably being ridiculous. I dont dislike living in Ireland but it's never hot. No summer. I dont mind the winters because winter is supposed to be cold!

Since covid 19 i have hardly spoken to anybody except my teenagers.

Just feeling restless. I guess a lot of people are wondering "why do i live where i live?" right now.

SummerBody1 Sun 17-Jan-21 20:44:19

@SnowyOwlWan 'never hot' is what is killing me at the moment too. I'm also restless and looking at a move to the continent. Probably a pipe dream as my 2 children are in Primary.
I think our diagnosis is 'Covid fatigue' on top of Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)

Advertisement

SnowyOwlWan Sun 17-Jan-21 21:59:52

You're right. This decision is borne out of restlessness and boredom and..... just not having any faith that enough people in easy distance of the cold location where i live now would would miss me if i shuffled off to a warmer location, with a balcony, good internet.... i can sit in watching netflix, drinking tea, doing yoga, listening to audibles and going for walks but in spain instead?

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in