Moving from Scotland to Southern California - advice please.

(10 Posts)
Figleaf Wed 22-May-19 21:08:59

I have lurked on other peoples threads all day and tried to glean information about moving to America. Can anyone point me at the British ExPat Forum mentioned on a couple of threads and to any sites or any advice about moving/living in America. My husband's job is moving there in Early 2020 (he may have to go sooner than that but I can't go as my youngest is starting University this September and I want to see him settled before I go). I'm quite an organised person and not knowing what I don't know or where to start looking for it is frightening me a little while all the time I'm trying to be positive for my husband.

OP’s posts: |
scotx Thu 23-May-19 00:38:13

britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/

SofiaAmes Thu 23-May-19 00:39:44

Where in Southern California? If you search on Mumsnet there are a bunch of threads about the subject. I am assuming that schooling is not an issue, since you say that your youngest is off to Uni.

Figleaf Thu 23-May-19 09:18:09

Thanks scotx and SofiaAmes. No schools needed as just me, DH and 2 dogs going. We are going to Cammarillo in Ventura County.

zinrepus Thu 23-May-19 13:49:56

I'm from Northern California originally, but did my MSc in Scotland (I'm currently in Berkshire...for now) Culturally there are differences, but I'm happy for you to PM me with random questions. Where in Scotland are you moving from?

Figleaf Thu 23-May-19 15:08:02

Fantastic zinrepus , I'm in Clackmannanshire now. Will message when I have got enough info to know what questions to ask - sounds odd I know but no idea where to start.

Figleaf Thu 23-May-19 15:12:36

Zinrepus - sent some initial questions - thank you x

Advertisement

Figleaf Fri 24-May-19 22:20:55

@Zinrepus - sent some initial questions - did they come through?

zinrepus Sat 25-May-19 10:53:44

Hi yes got the questions, sorry, I have been out with a migraine. I'll get a response back shortly!

Figleaf Sat 25-May-19 16:37:06

So sorry to hear that @Zinrepus

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in