looking for an IB school in France

(5 Posts)
ReneeGrupp Wed 27-Mar-19 12:59:25

We are looking for an IB school in France where the language of instruction is English and that offers the option of boarding or homestay. This is for a 15-year-old girl who lives in Barcelona, Spain and has followed the British system of education. She is fluent in English, Spanish and Catalan but has a low intermediate level of French, so she wouldn't be able to do her studies in French.
I've seen some good reviews here for the IBS of Provence and the Jeannine Manuel in Lille, but they were from 5-10 years ago and I wonder if anyone has more recent experience with these or other schools.
Thanks for your help.

OP’s posts: |
MariaNovella Wed 27-Mar-19 20:00:24

Ecole Jeannine Manuel in Lille is weekly boarding.

The IB is not a big thing in France.

Humphriescushion Sat 20-Apr-19 21:40:53

Try the aagp - anglo american group of provence. Their members should have some up to date info on ibs. My daughters went there but it was a few years back and it is bigger now so my info is not up to dafe.

marcopront Fri 26-Apr-19 07:11:27

Have a look here

https://www.ibo.org/programmes/find-an-ib-school/?SearchFields.Region=&SearchFields.Country=FR&SearchFields.Keywords=&SearchFields.Language=&SearchFields.BoardingFacilities=&SearchFields.SchoolGender=

marcopront Fri 26-Apr-19 16:44:22

@ReneeGrupp
I didn't tag you when I posted earlier but it is a link to the find a school on the IB website.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in