Talk

Advanced search

Relocating back to us - locations?

(12 Posts)
crispinquent Fri 02-Feb-18 17:11:56

Hi
Relocating back to us and need state w warmer winters than nyc area. As we are Ad and media workers need city, coast preferred. Ideas /experiences welcome. Two kids one in primary school one preschool. Thx 4 ur help

Exiguous Fri 02-Feb-18 17:43:23

As you have children I'd look carefully at school districts before you choose.

If I could move anywhere in the US at the moment I'd probably look at the Carolinas. Nice blend of climate and nice countryside. People I know who live there seem v happy.

I wouldn't recommend Atlanta, and I'd avoid Florida, personally - although if you chose your town carefully you could find good school districts.

Seattle - is that an option? Rainy and expensive though.

Portland OR?

I'm sure others here can talk more knowledgably about California but I'm put off by the high cost of living in a lot of it. But that may be unfair.

crispinquent Fri 02-Feb-18 18:28:37

We r in london and a few yrs in i am overwhelmed by cost of living: but partner loves the pace and mild winters.

ChinaRose Fri 02-Feb-18 19:58:03

We're in southern California. It's expensive but way better quality of life and housing than London. Way more for your buck and glorious sunshine every day.

crispinquent Sat 03-Feb-18 19:16:55

Tx all for ur advice. Ideally fewer clouds than london so seattle would be out

crispinquent Sun 04-Feb-18 00:41:45

Bump

QueenCity Sun 04-Feb-18 01:11:57

We are in South Carolina and love it so far. We've only been here a couple of months but the weather is fantastic. Blue skies and sunshine most days.

Catinthecorner Sun 04-Feb-18 01:24:53

If I could I’d live in California or Hawaii.

I also love New England but that fails your mild winter weather requirement.

crispinquent Mon 05-Feb-18 11:09:32

QueenCity do u Monday f I ask what fields you r in?

Husband didn’t grow up w snowy winters so not happy w the northeastern winters :-(

crispinquent Mon 05-Feb-18 11:09:58

Do you “mind” meant to say

DeliveredByKiki Tue 06-Feb-18 05:43:53

We’re in SoCal too - yes v expensive but wages tend to reflect this

babynelly2010 Sat 10-Feb-18 16:25:08

What did u decide on and why? We are in similar situation :-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now