Talk

Advanced search

Moving to Basel

(5 Posts)
kindredspirits Wed 31-Jan-18 11:53:53

Hi all,
So grateful for previous threads on Switzerland, which have been helpful! I just wondered whether anyone had more specific advise on moving to Basel. We're currently based in Paris (which we love!) and so I'm a little unsure about this next move. The kids are at a French school here and are very happy. We've always lived in big cities (London, Paris) so Basel is smaller than we're used to. I would be very grateful for suggestions on good areas, what to do with kids (clubs/museums etc), cost of living etc! Thanks!

Sprinklestar Wed 31-Jan-18 17:36:09

I lived there years ago - the main thing I’d keep in mind is that you’re so close to the borders, you can also live in France or Germany too, which opens up options.

kindredspirits Wed 31-Jan-18 20:11:05

Thanks Sprinklestar I'll look into that more. I suppose I'm reluctant to go for a village location as I've been spoilt by city living but its worth investigating!

MickHucknallspinkpancakes Tue 06-Feb-18 21:12:44

Hi kindred I'm living here now with a DS. Happy to pm about any questions.

BonApp Thu 08-Feb-18 06:08:00

Can you visit first? Basel didn't do it for me when I went for an interview there a few years ago, though we were childless at the time (way too quiet/small for a couple in their 20s).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now