Talk

Advanced search

If you are from the UK and live in NZ, what do you miss?

(5 Posts)
IrnBruTortie Wed 08-Nov-17 21:46:26

My beautiful friend is with her 2 DC in NZ now, and has lived there for a couple of years. She has been through a tough time for one reason or another, so I'm putting a parcel together for her. What from the UK do you miss, what can't you get over there? Obviously I'm a bit limited to weight (or it would be cans and cans of IrnBru!!!), but I'd like to send things she cant get... Thanks!

Pikachuwithyourmouthclosed Fri 10-Nov-17 07:27:48

You can get British groceries in the supermarkets and a couple of Brit stores.

Kids clothes from George or Tesco? (clothes really expensive here and crap quality)
Advent calendars?
Anything from Marks or John Lewis.

EVERYTHING here is really expensive and / or crap quality so tbh anything that's a treat would be well appreciated.

Nakedavenger74 Fri 10-Nov-17 07:36:50

Boots stuff! We only have pharmacies here or Sephora type things so boots facial wipes and No7 type stuff I miss.

Ready meals from M&S (I realise that can't be sent!)

Marmite.

Magazines

Otherwise we actually get most stuff.

Nakedavenger74 Fri 10-Nov-17 07:39:45

Also I think food will be difficult to get through quarantine. Packaged stuff might be fine but they get very funny about it

echt Sat 11-Nov-17 04:25:29

If you google "UK shops in NZ" , you'll get a sense of what can be bought direct or online. Have a look and then see what your friend might like from there, or try:

au.johnlewis.com/christmas/c5000025?rdr=1

Or something more bracing:

shop.moderntoss.com/christmas-card

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now