Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Shopping list to fulfill in KL/SGP

(5 Posts)
HighOverTheFenceLeapsSunnyJim Tue 10-Oct-17 08:10:35

Spending a few days in both KL and SGP on a 6 month trip with the kids. Feel like we are heading to the bright lights! We need to find a) deet based mosquito repellent, b) good quality art pencils/pens, c) tasty 'artisan' style bread! (The kids miss bread the most). Any pointers for fulfilling this? Thanks!

fatowl Tue 10-Oct-17 12:56:41

a) You won't find Deet in KL (not sure about SGP), but plenty of local brands

b) Art Friend or Spotlight - both stores in several major malls

c) Most supermarkets have concession bakeries, - Village Grocer or Bens. Or Jasons in Bangsar Shopping centre

TerrorAustralis Thu 12-Oct-17 16:33:39

In SG, can't help with DEET, but I'm sure you will find it in pharmacies (Guardian or Watson's).
Art Friend at Plaza Singapura or Bras Basah. Bras Basah Complex also has a lot of art supply shops (is near the main arts college).
Tiong Bahru Bakery and Baker and Cook (both have outlets in different locations) both do great bread.

HighOverTheFenceLeapsSunnyJim Sat 14-Oct-17 15:12:09

Oh my days, we have just arrived in KL & been to Jaya Grocer (?) & we think we are in heaven! All the pork & booze! And yoghurt, good tea, actual butter... The kids were so excited going around the supermarket (they only left the UK 2 months ago!). Haven't achieved anything from my list above except good bread but feeling like the omens are good!

Archipops Mon 30-Oct-17 21:24:50

Try the bread shop in Damansara Heights for bread and pastry.

http://www.wonderfulmalaysia.com/food/the-bread-shop-bukit-damansara.htm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now