Tampax by the ton
Cream of tartar
Citric acid
Make up
Perfume
Kids underpants
Kids shoes and socks
Lego
Books for me (hoping for lots of great reads passed on by friends)
Work shoes and clothes
New work bag
Silicon baking stuff
Green and Blacks chocs
Naice candles
Christmas stocking tat
Big Primark raid

habibihabibi Fri 02-Jun-17 18:15:58

Oh and some of those secret socks I can never get here.

Tallblue Sat 03-Jun-17 04:17:02

Kids toys and books
Cadburys chocolate- particularly double deckers and crunchies (I miss these A LOT)
Car window shades- can't seem to find decent ones here
Kids shoes - Clarks
An array of reasonably priced gifts for the year- to take to kids birthday parties etc.
Lots of supermarket clothing for kids
Teething powders, yellow metanium, calpol

Whowouldfardelsbear Sat 03-Jun-17 04:33:04

Clothes
Germolene ointment
sweets
lamb stock cubes
books

Going back in a few weeks and basically just going to take empty suitcases over. clothes are so much more expensive here (NZ)

Whowouldfardelsbear Sat 03-Jun-17 04:33:59

Not sure if lego is significantly cheaper or not, but if it is i will stock up too!

JoandMax Sat 03-Jun-17 04:46:09

My list is very similar to yours OP and going by your username I'm guessing we're in same region of the world!

Books are definitely a priority this trip, both DCs have really got into reading and the choice here is limited and outrageously priced!

Also Bisto stock cubes, birthday cards and wrapping paper

EnormousDormouse Sat 03-Jun-17 05:18:54

Cream of tartar (for playdough)
Christmas cards and craft supplies I bought cheap in the Jan sales and left cos I had no room in my case
Salon cream (why no Savlon!)
Yorkshire Tea for the staffroom
Halo sports wash (not sure if I can package this well enough to risk it)
Elemis marine cream
A stash of linen trousers hopefully bought in the sales.

EnormousDormouse Sat 03-Jun-17 05:22:10

And hello habibi and JoandMax...I guess I'm in your neck of the woods too (well, not so much 'woods', obv)

EnormousDormouse Sat 03-Jun-17 05:24:09

... in my previous post I meant Savlon not Salon

And I forgot a job lot of antihistimines too

EnormousDormouse Sat 03-Jun-17 05:27:53

Maldon Sea Salt

Thank you for this thread - I'm stopping now before it becomes my personal shopping list grin

GrayJane Sat 03-Jun-17 06:35:33

Marmite
Salad cream
Large bags of tutti Fruttis and Jelly Tots
Soft Brown Sugar
Loose tea
Nice biscuits (the coconut ones)
Ibuprofen
Roses Lime Marmalade
HP Sauce
Irish soda bread
Mint shower gel

RedSandYellowSand Sat 03-Jun-17 06:52:57

Another one in "that" neck of the woods.
Bras, trousers for me, sandals for me, knickers for me, kids shoes, Bovril (we can get Marmite and citric acid and cream of Tatar!) Glace cherries, birthday cards, kids books, UV swim tops, kids multivitamins, pe bags, name labels, Milton tablets, facial sunscreen, sunscreen.

And a shitte load of chocolate, bacon, sausages, ham and booze for consumption in the UK.

RedSandYellowSand Sat 03-Jun-17 06:57:11

Oh, and toothpaste for the kids (same brand out here is apparently in unusable, even tho me and DH manage), moisturiser for eczema prone child, school jumpers, school trousers (for the 2 weeks a year it's cool enough).

Amazon order placed to Mum on wed evening, first bits delivered Thurs!!!

Lexilicious Sat 03-Jun-17 06:59:20

Well here is the thread that has brought me back to mumsnet after 2 years! Pasting directly from our actual onenote shopping list... the reason there are two lists is that we have access to a postal service but you aren't allowed certain things in it, basically liquids/pastes and batteries.

From the promised land
Proper jam
Proper cheese
Proper milk
Chutney/pickle
Sausages
Suet for mincemeat
Pimms
Sesame oil
Tinned soup
Coffee syrup
Fish sauce
Miso paste
Horseradish sauce
Lamb stock

Things that could be posted
Gravy granules
Self raising flour
Wholemeal flour
Brown sugar
Bread yeast
Bicarbonate of soda
Baking powder
Glace cherries
Sushi rice
Dry sun dried toms
Celery salt
Stuffing
Water biscuits, poppy and sesame seed thins

habibihabibi Sat 03-Jun-17 07:21:05

And a shitte load of chocolate, bacon, sausages, ham and booze for consumption in the UK.

You will find me in the wine and pork aisles of England's supermarkets with the wide eyed look of wonderment that small children have at Disneyland.

Tallblue Sat 03-Jun-17 08:47:50

I'm in the same neck of the woods too, Habibihabibi!

YY to those with Savlon and Birthday cards on the lists - I'm following this and gaining ideas smile

JoandMax Sat 03-Jun-17 09:48:26

Ha ha we'll all be in the pork and booze aisle looking like excited children!

Another thing I love when we go back is ready made sandwiches, so convenient on the never ending car journeys visiting everyone and just something you don't get here at all.......

Calpol too, I rarely need it for my DC anymore but always good to have some

Tallblue Sat 03-Jun-17 10:32:00

It feels so naughty buying wine from a supermarket!

RedSandYellowSand Sat 03-Jun-17 10:39:03

Calpol. Thank you. Added.

Not fussed about ready made sandwiches, but bread that actually goes off it always good!

See you all staring at the haram stuff!

MardAsSnails Sat 03-Jun-17 11:11:20

Similar woods, methinks!

Proper blister plasters
Travel size baby powder - I can never find the small ones that'll do for a week so bring back lots of the 3 for £3 from Asda ones
Warbies crumpets
Dove tanning moisturiser - not for me, for a colleague
Ovaltine
Beef oxo cubes
Garlic fry light

Tallblue Sat 03-Jun-17 11:36:43

Ooooh yes crumpets!!

Lexilicious Sat 03-Jun-17 12:48:12

I am desensitized to wine, living where there are 8000 year old archaeological remains of wine making. We miss cider quite a lot, and ale - there's plenty of lager anywhere in the world. Well, apart from the ME I guess!

But crumpets, oh! And hot cross buns! Brought a few squashed six packs of those back when I last had to go to London for work. We've also had visitors who have, like angels, brought us deep-frozen lincolnshire sausages in their luggage. If you wrap them in alternating layers of plastic bag and clothing, it's an effective insulation and they stay frozen. I've done that with milk too! (Also in a dry-bag, just in case...!)

RedSandYellowSand Sat 03-Jun-17 15:31:16

Booze and pork are illegal for me. Think they have restricted availability for many of us posting similar lists.
I won't bring crumpets back, but it's a good addition to the first shop! I resorted to making hot cross buns. The crosses were really hard to do!!!

yallamamma Sat 03-Jun-17 17:28:17

Also in 'that' neck of the woods....

Kids snack bars, can get here but won't pay £££ for them
Birthday cards and a few kids birthday gifts
Nespresso pods
Multivitamins
I used to get calpol but kids panadol which is easy to find here is just as good
Tampax, lots
A few new books for DC's
Christmas stuff (spending our first Christmas here, really excited) - so cards/decs for the house, stuffing/chutneys/mulled wine spices etc etc
Kids shoes, underwear, generic uniform stuff....
Underwear for me, make up, work clothes, work bag....

SO EXCITED. Waitrose seems positively reasonable these days!

yallamamma Sat 03-Jun-17 17:29:33

oh, and face wipes.... I don't rely on these like I did in my 20's, but the price of them here is outrageous, so I stock up on those in the UK too.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: