Talk

Advanced search

My DBro just is his first baby

(7 Posts)
DeliveredByKiki Tue 23-May-17 07:15:08

We live in California, all family back in UK. My little brother just is his first baby and I didn't expect to be so gutted I'm not there to meet her. We have flights booked back for in a months time and I'm so excited for him and his DW but just so sad I'm so far away...

MuffinWar Tue 23-May-17 07:27:13

Aww! It must be hard being so far away from such happy news! They will be overwhelmed with visitors right now and will be much less frazzled when you arrive and the time you will have together will be so special!
You could start making up a welcome to the world package for your DN full of American goodies that you can't get over here.

highinthesky Tue 23-May-17 07:34:30

You must be elated for DB!

I guess the answer is to make use of the technology: FaceTime, Skype etc.

Laptopwieldingharpy Tue 23-May-17 10:16:52

Congratulations! What muffin said! By the time you arrive they will welcome helping hands and you can hold him as much as you want without being in the way!

DeliveredByKiki Tue 23-May-17 16:23:32

He was such a help in those first few weeks to me, I'm just sad that I don't get to reciprocate, you know?

Obviously so excited about meeting her in a month but thought you folks on this board would understand how weird and rubbish it feels to be so far away at a time like this, so blantantly posting for sympathy

DeliveredByKiki Tue 23-May-17 16:24:12

Putting together an Ocado delivery with all the wine and cheese though!

BritInUS1 Tue 23-May-17 21:29:52

I also live in California and it is tough when things happen in the UK and you can't just hop on a plane x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now