Talk

Advanced search

Help from German mners please

(3 Posts)
clearsommespace Tue 28-Feb-17 07:15:18

I am costing up a trip to the Rhein area for this summer. I can find times for trains from Linz am Rhein to Köln online but I can't find ticket prices. Can anyone help? Two adults, two DC 14 and under.
I read about regional travel cards for up to 5 people but Linz is in Rheinland Palatinate and Köln in North Rhein Westphalia so I don't think we can use that.
TIA

lemonylemons Tue 28-Feb-17 13:22:33

Hi Clear, not sure why the Deutsche Bahn site won't show ticket prices, but a quick search tells me that you can use VRS regional travel cards from Linz to Cologne. The VRS day travel card for up to 5 people is 36.40 € but can only be used after 9am. Alternatively you could get individual single tickets at 11.40 € for adults and 5.10 € for children aged 6-14, so 33.00 € in total for the four of you.

ekapwebcache.vrsinfo.de/uploads/tx_ekap/gemeinden/tarif/2017_7138041.pdf?1482332708

clearsommespace Tue 28-Feb-17 15:46:35

That's great. It's a holiday so I doubt we'll have eaten breakfast and got to a train station before 9am!
Thank you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now