Talk

Advanced search

Moving to Gozo

(10 Posts)
khaleesi71 Mon 13-Feb-17 11:45:48

Hello - I've just accepted a job which will be based in Gozo. I start in May and we will relocate out there in early July and my company will find a familiarisation visit for DH and DS (10 - currently year 5). Be good to hear of experiences and school processes. I shall be based in Victoria and have been recommended the Happy School. Does anyone know the catchment area for it? We are hoping to find a 'house of character' with a garden and pool but want to ensure we find a school which teaches mainly in English. I think the international school will be too much of a trek every day.

andonwego Tue 14-Feb-17 11:56:27

Which international school do you mean?

To be in catchment area for the happy school you just need a Victoria post code.

khaleesi71 Tue 14-Feb-17 19:08:57

Thanks for your reply - it was the Verdala school but have since found St Edwards but both are too far. Do you know if VCT postcodes include areas like Kercem or Sannat? I expect I'll see when we get there but it's nice to do some research beforehand.

andonwego Tue 14-Feb-17 19:42:50

If you're living on Gozo then you it won't be doable to send your child to a school on Malta - you'll have to drive to the Barbour, get the ferry to Cirkewwa in Malta, then drive to school - then back again, then same for the pick up. It's not really possible!

Definitely doesn't include Sanjay in the postcode. I don't think Kercem, either, but I can find out easily enough

andonwego Tue 14-Feb-17 19:45:36

Nope, not Kercem. Sometimes you can live out of district and get a school place if you have a reason for being in the area every DS - work, usually.

However, depends how popular the school is. By law they have to give places to anyone who lives within catchment who wants a place. And the Happy School is extremely popular so usually no places left after that

andonwego Tue 14-Feb-17 19:45:53

Every day, not DS

andonwego Tue 14-Feb-17 19:46:27

And harbour, not Barbour! Sorry - phone autocorrect

khaleesi71 Tue 14-Feb-17 22:08:53

Thanks - really helpful - we didn't think it would be feasible to go to school on Malta. Will have a good scout around when I visit.

andonwego Wed 15-Feb-17 09:17:34

Feel free to pm me when you arrive and I'll do what I can to help

khaleesi71 Wed 15-Feb-17 19:34:28

Thanks 🤗

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now