Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

poss moving to Oz....any ideas?

(4 Posts)
dionnelorraine Mon 26-Feb-07 11:39:32

Dh 28, dd 2 and myself 25 are possibly looking at moving out to Australia in a year or 2. I have a lot of family in Sidney and Adalaide. I will have a profession as a social worker by then (in training at mo) and my hubby is in welding.
What do we need to do? Do we need a certain amount of money in our bank? do we have to have medicals?
Any knowledge greatly appreciated

mummydoc Mon 26-Feb-07 11:46:12

you will need medicals for all of you including chest xrays for hte adults the cost is around £300 all up you also need police checks and various other documentation ( i htink we needed our alevel certificates ) including letters from our primary schools confirming we had been taught in english . It took my DH about 2-3 months to prepare everything we needed and assemble a file with it all - the easier and neater you present the application the better, mind you my Dh is a right old woman and loved all the colour coded files etc ! when we applied to be permanant residents we were already living on oz so the cost of applying was fairly steep as we had to come back to the uk to make the application ( thats the rules!) the embassy websites are full on info.

dionnelorraine Mon 26-Feb-07 12:02:00

Thanks. I will look that up. All sounds very expensive and a lot of organiseing but Im sure will be worth it in the end. I am a little worried as I have been going through surgery last 2 years due to cancer. I have now had the all clear and have 1 op left. I hope that wont go against me

Harrogatemum Mon 26-Feb-07 14:10:31

you should check out the www.britishexpats.com website, full of people in the same boat and loads of info and advice. Also www.immi.gov.au has lots of info on the visa requirements etc.

Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now