Talk

Advanced search

Anyone in Singapore?

(12 Posts)
Canters15 Mon 30-Jan-17 05:59:42

Have just moved to Singapore with husband and 10 week old baby. Husband starts work tomorrow and it's just hit me that I'm on my own in a foreign country with a baby. Tempting as it is to sit at home and mainline Tim Tams I figured I need to make an effort! Does anyone out there fancy coffee?

picklemepopcorn Mon 30-Jan-17 06:14:05

St George's at the top of orchard road used to do a great baby and toddler group every single morning. I made lots of friend there. Where are you living? If it's an apartment block, you'll bump into people who'll tell you how to meet the expat crowd. The zoo is amazing.

lyingverystill Mon 30-Jan-17 07:46:48

I live in Singapore and have a 3 year old and a baby, I like coffee! I will PM you

Ponderingprivately Fri 03-Feb-17 06:42:25

I am, but just about to leave! You should join St George's playgroup in Dempsey, they have a great group for mums with babies.
Also, I never used them but New Mothers Support Group are supposed to be good, and there is a facebook group called 'Stork's Nest Singapore' where you can connect with others easily. Good luck, have a great time.

lilylevn Fri 03-Feb-17 14:23:55

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

fatowl Fri 03-Feb-17 15:45:15

Reported the spam

Hope you've connected with someone OP (waving from KL)

ChopsticksandChilliCrab Mon 06-Feb-17 13:31:55

Have you been to Tanglin Mall? There are lots of baby activity places there that are popular with expats.

Google meetup for local mother and baby groups. For expat groups check out the British Association, AWA and ANZA and get yourself on the Singapore Expat Wives FB group as there's help, advice and social events info on there.

Canters15 Mon 13-Feb-17 05:01:23

Thanks all, have taken all suggestions on board and slowly finding my feet- amazing how much better things can seem in two weeks!

Newyearnewbrain Mon 20-Feb-17 06:32:38

Hi I'm here too! Do PM me if you fancy a coffee.

JamDonutsRule Wed 08-Mar-17 19:40:32

I hope you don't mind me hijacking, but I was wondering if you could tell me how high you perceive the risk of Dengue Fever to be for kids?

ChopsticksandChilliCrab Mon 03-Apr-17 16:48:40

I've been here for ten years and don't know anyone who has had dengue. Cover up and use bug spray, try not to be outside much in the early evening and have your garden sprayed regularly and everyone should be fine.

Laptopwieldingharpy Tue 04-Apr-17 08:02:07

Singapore is very safe. It is endemic in lots of holiday destinations in the area but if you are in a resort should not be a problem at all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now