Talk

Advanced search

Paris Primary school following UK curriculum

(8 Posts)
whysea Fri 27-Jan-17 22:06:13

Hello,
I am going to Paris next year, and I am looking at schools. My DC are 3 & 7. Clearly the younger one will go to a regular maternelle, but the older one should go somewhere compatible with the UK curriculum. Suggestions ? I have contacted EJM, they are quite positive, but it freaks me out that they ask for a WISC-IV test for 7 year olds : last thing I want is my daughter to start worrying about being smart enough. I am considering Kingsworth, and looking at earlier posts it seems ok, but has anyone actually been there?

cannotseeanend Fri 27-Jan-17 22:59:17

Why does your 7 year old have to go to a fee paying bilingual school?
If you are English speaking at home, they won't lose English by going for a regular French state and state subsidized school.

I have 3 children who've been educated in French. They are fully competent in English and you'd never know they've not learned English in school. It's perfectly possible for a 7 year old to return into English in 5 or 10 years time.

Bobochic Fri 27-Jan-17 23:37:37

If you want your DC to keep up with British English, EIB Monceau is a good bet. My bilingual DD (12) there from 3 to 11 and she is totally bilingual/biliterate. Some of the English teachers at EIB Monceau are fantastic and the school offers a very enriched curriculum - far and away better than a French state (or Catholic) primary.

whysea Sat 28-Jan-17 08:22:32

The issue is that I won't be in Paris for very long, just 7-8 month. My 7 years old will go back to her current school after that. Not to make the Paris experience too stressful, as I am told France and UK have different curricula (?) thus the fee paying school..

Bobochic Sat 28-Jan-17 13:17:04

If you are only in Paris for 7-8 months, do not bother with French - it will make your DC struggle for nothing.

Ancienchateau Sat 28-Jan-17 13:39:00

Agree with Bobochic. Send your DD to the ISP or BSP or another English speaking school. 7-8 months in a French or "bilingual" school will achieve nothing, except stress.

CadetRousselle Sat 28-Jan-17 20:48:04

Kingsworth has only been open for a couple of years so it's hard to know much about it but it certainly looks good on paper: would probably be fine for a year and cheaper than BSP or ISP

ukulelelover0204 Fri 07-Apr-17 18:00:47

kingsworth is a brilliant school, primary kids are taught equally in french and english and it gives the perfect balance. teachers are lovely, the kids are lovely, and the fact that it's such a small school gives such a loving environment and it's incredible how happy all the little ones are. 100% recommend it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now