Talk

Advanced search

Really really exciting (with a bit of embarrassing): Where to buy haberdashery in Zurich?

(7 Posts)
lekkerkroketje Tue 24-Jan-17 17:10:12

So, apparently I ate more Lebkuchen than I should have done over Christmas. The upshot of this is that my trouser need some fairly urgent surgery...

It will have to be H&M for now, but Swiss prices being what they are I need to go for the more environmentally and wallet friendly option. So, does anyone know where to look for things like fabric shears please, preferably in the centre?

I'm still new to Zurich and I love how it's got shops that sell nothing but gongs or bow ties, but it certainly makes finding what you actually want a challenge!

daveyfish Tue 24-Jan-17 17:53:53

Did you try Globus and Jelmoli? I miss Globus - it was my favourite shop in Zurich.
Google has some suggestions www.yelp.co.uk/c/zürich/fabricstores

LIZS Tue 24-Jan-17 18:00:19

Try a 3M Migros or a Coop Bau+Hobby. Another with fond memories of Globus!

lekkerkroketje Tue 24-Jan-17 18:05:21

Brilliant, thanks! I had a look on their website, but they only sell wool online. I'll trot round tomorrow morning.

It took me ages to find somewhere that sold (non-Egyptian cotton and unicorn blend) towels last week when I despaired of ever understanding the apartment laundry rota. Not the most adult solution to the problem, but it worked in the short term wink

daveyfish Tue 24-Jan-17 18:10:38

Ha ha, we only got access to our apartment laundry room once every three weeks! And there were many complex rules to its use. I was a constant disappointment to the apartment supervisor as I never got to grips with what was verboten.

jelliedeel Fri 27-Jan-17 21:41:09

I saw a section in Migros Brunaupark today with a hobby/craft selection. And I think the big Migros near Lowenbrau (?) also has lots of wool and craft.
I rode past the patchwork shop on Kreuzbuhlstrasse yesterday but couldn't say what's inside although it looks good.

seefeld Sat 28-Jan-17 09:02:53

Have you tried Bernina on Talacker strasse? It sells sewing machines but also has a good fabric and habadashery selection

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now