Talk

Advanced search

Anyone in Parma/Bologna/Modena?

(4 Posts)
Okkitokkiunga Fri 08-Jul-16 12:15:35

Hi,

DH has possibility of relocation to Spilamberto for work. We are English/French speaking family and I am currently SAHM, both children primary age. Can anyone advise about living in Parma, Bologna or Modena and experience of schools etc. We would not be on an expat contract so would either have to pay for intl school ourselves or hope to find a school that is experienced in integrating foreign students into Italian language. DD is 9 and DS 6.5. Neither DH nor myself speak Italian, though we would learn.

Thanks

allegretto Fri 08-Jul-16 12:29:19

Hi - there is a lot of information about Bologna available on www.iwfbologna.com - look at the link to the guidebook in particular. I think there are two international schools and I know that there are waiting lists for some age groups. I know people who have just put their children into Italian schools with success though - maybe with an extra tutor in the afternoon for language lessons.

allegretto Fri 08-Jul-16 12:30:27

Pm me if you like!

Okkitokkiunga Fri 08-Jul-16 12:44:09

Brilliant, thanks will go and have a read now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now