Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

UK mortgage for property in Berlin

(4 Posts)
Mougly Mon 04-Jul-16 20:06:23

I'm looking to buy a 1/2 bed flat in Berlin to live in. I have a mortgage in principle for UK but have changed my mind as London is getting so expensive and I want to buy in Bwrlin where my sister lives. I'm looking for a mortgage advicer for overseas property buying and a UK bank that lends for buying in Germany. Also any advice on what to think about when buying in Gwrmany. I would like to find out about if there is any difference in interest rate and deposit when buying abroad? I'm looking to pay max £150.000 and have a deposit of 30-40k any advice would be very appreciated!

charleybarley Mon 04-Jul-16 20:24:44

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Mougly Mon 04-Jul-16 23:08:37

Charleybarley
Yes im looking for a sterling mortgage and will continue to work in the UK as I'm self employed artist and I get paid in sterling

welshpixie Tue 05-Jul-16 12:17:10

Moughly be aware as the buyer you will be liable for local taxes and various other charges. Berlin works on the principle that the buyer must pay and not the seller. Other States have different policies. Buying is quite straight forward selling is less so. Are you planning on moving there or just an investment, this will make a huge difference as to where to buy.
I lived in Berlin for 6 years and actually bought our flat much to the amazement of German friends.
PM me if you have any questions

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now