Talk

Advanced search

Guernsey?

(2 Posts)
BellsaRinging Sun 29-May-16 17:29:37

Hello,

I am hoping that someone among the Mumsnet massive lives/has lived in Guernsey and can give me information on the pros and cons. I am just about to accept a job there and any information (particularly on the property market and education system) would be fantastic. I am really interested in knowing about good areas to live/school with 2 children aged 11 (just about to start year 7) and 5-will be working in town but after a 3 hour+ commute a day in the UK wouldn't rule out anywhere on the island solely on the grounds of distance.

Big thanks to anyone who has the time to reply.

Bellsa.

greenapples Fri 10-Jun-16 14:14:40

Hello,
I've been in Guernsey for the last 8 years, so can hopefully shed some light! Property wise - depends if you are local market or open market. Are you coming on a licence, if so what is your TRP? (Size of house) local market (on licence) is cheaper than open market but still an arm and a leg more than England...
School wise, children tend to go to their local primary / secondary catchment, if not there are 3 private schools on the island (fees for which are cheaper than the UK equivalent).
It's all swings and roundabouts. Something's will annoy you, others will make you laugh!
X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now