Talk

Advanced search

Move to West Midlands

(13 Posts)
Babealicious38 Thu 10-Mar-16 11:59:23

Hi I am looking for some advice regarding moving from Northern Ireland to West Midlands to be with husband. We have two children so would be keen to get them placed in a good Catholic Primary School. Can anyone give advice on nice areas for us to begin to explore

Mrscog Thu 10-Mar-16 18:14:05

Where abouts is your husband? The West midlands is pretty big - about 8 counties in all!

Babealicious38 Fri 11-Mar-16 08:54:14

Mrscog he is working in Wolverhampton university but it's happy to commute to work. I might not be working initially so we need to rent somewhere that is affordable

Mrscog Fri 11-Mar-16 10:11:09

I think if I was working in Wolverhampton I'd look at Shropshire - Bridgnorth area is lovely. I'd love to live there but it would be too far for us to commute to Worcester from.

Babealicious38 Fri 11-Mar-16 15:07:53

That's interesting, he took a trip to Bridgnorth one day and said it was beautiful. Is it expensive?

Balletgirlmum Fri 11-Mar-16 15:11:17

I went to Wolverhampton uni, it has several campuses including ones in Walsall, Dudley & Telford.

Mrscog Fri 11-Mar-16 16:14:10

I don't think it's that expensive - you could get a 3/4 bed small detatched for about 230k when I last looked.

Babealicious38 Fri 11-Mar-16 18:56:15

Balletgirlmum
He's based in city campus

Babealicious38 Fri 11-Mar-16 18:58:09

Mrscog we would be renting to hrhinb with. We will need renting out house out here so writing want to take on a second mortgage at this point.

Babealicious38 Fri 11-Mar-16 19:00:15

That made no sense. We will be renting our house out here so won't want to take on second mortgage

Emms86 Fri 11-Mar-16 19:53:11

Bridgnorth is really nice although it depends on whether you like the closeness of a small town, I'm also not sure whether you'd find a good catholic school there. Other towns you could consider are Kidderminster and Bewdley, Kidderminster has a good Catholic primary called St Ambrose. There's also a village just outside of Wolverhampton called Tettenhall which is really lovely but is on the pricier side.

NaughtToThreeSadOnions Sun 13-Mar-16 09:03:12

I'd also look at south Staffordshire places like codsall

Babealicious38 Sun 13-Mar-16 10:25:43

Thanks for the advice guys. Has anyone experience of Telford as an area? As long as the area is godd, in terms of amenities, transport, and schools are of a decent rating, I wouldn't care if they were Catholic.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now