Talk

Advanced search

ISB in Brussels

(3 Posts)
jobach Thu 25-Feb-16 12:37:15

Hi, We might be moving to Brussels and I wondered if anyone had any experience of the International School of Brussels? I am particularly interested to know if the kids are happy and friendly in the school! I have a Special Needs child so any experience with their learning support department would also be useful.
Thanks!

paap1975 Fri 04-Mar-16 10:07:26

Hello,
The ISB isn't so much an international school as an American school. In fact, lots of people mistakenly refer to it as the "American school". It has quite a good reputation though. Not sure how friendly the kids are.

amyboo Sat 05-Mar-16 06:18:54

I have friends who teach at ISB and their kids are also there. From what they tell me, it's a fairly American curriculum. Class sizes are small and there seems to be a fair mix of kids (lots of diplomatic kids I think). The big negative I've heard from them is the high turnover of kids - many leaving after 2-3 years. I think they have good learning support though...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now